1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

2. :crackup:

3. If I find myself in a shit situation, I can’t guarantee a good outcome, but I like my odds better than most.

And I can guarantee that if the outcome isn’t good, it wasn’t because I didn’t know how to handle my firearm.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Click to expand the quote, I put stuff between the lines.

This is just my perception of the involved mechanics. Your hand/wrist/finger's mileage may vary.
    Try this, empty handed...
    - Pretend you're holding a gun and go through the motions of your sequence of squeeze, reset through recoil, steady, squeeze and watch what your wrist and forearm are doing.
    - Now do it while waiting 'til after recoil and do the reset/squeeze and a combined motion. When I do it, I don't see anything but my trigger finger moving.

I believe one's finger's "pause" between reset and squeeze introduces a moment whereby the supporting hand/wrist/forearm has an introductory "set" throw in that gets broken with the squeeze, possibly unsettling the support you would have previously had if you waited for the reset/squeeze vice putting that momentary stop in the mix. The reset/squeeze is one motion. Your squeeze/reset introduces potential for upsetting the support as you call upon your finger to initiate a function separate from its stationary position. Saiyan's way, the finger never settles so it doesn't become part of the supporting stance/position.
    This is not to take away from whatever trigger finger-fu you have mastered, I'm just attempting to give a perspective of why and how it may be beneficial that you can appreciate.

5. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

I don't understand the mechanics of it, but Fred may be close in his analysis. Personally I think that it is 6 of one, half dozen of the other. I didn't notice a huge difference but many shooters did.

GG I think it has been clarified in other posts, but just in case:

1st round - trigger press and hold to rear

2nd round - reset trigger then press in one motion, hold to rear

3rd round - reset trigger then press in one motion, hold to rear

4rd round - you get the idea

With this method, the only time your finger resets the trigger and DOESN'T fire again immediately is when putting the weapon on safe and going back to the holster.

Last edited: May 26, 2023
    Gorilla George likes this.
  6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

So at my regular LGS last night, we were discussing my move and the party plan. Theyve got all the licensing/manufacturing etc stuff + they’re LEO/swat as their full time gigs, and have a few full auto pieces they are going to bring. We got to talking about which AK rifle for me to get once I escape to free-er America :D, and they all seem to either agree or suggest the psa gf3 for a good basic knock around reliable AK. My thoughts were leaning toward a zastava, but the question came up as to “why “ if the new gf3’s are proving to be a good lower cost option. I too have read a few not so great reviews on their older AKs, but see all great thoughts and experiences with the newly manufactured ones. Now I don’t know what to get…….:crackup:

7. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Well then the clear answer would be BOTH. You know, just in case.

Sabre699 and britx303 like this.
  8. britx303

NO!!!:D Thinking out loud here…….so watch out:p……. Get the psa, and save for a vz58 to round out the 762x39’s…………..crap! still need a mini30……….:eek: FML:crackup:

9. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

Yeah it looks like the 7.62's are working great unlike the other calibers. The only reason i might pick up that psa is to build it as a modernized ak47 with the new jmac customs handguard and stock. Other than that i like my ak's to be full commie ak's. The hungarian is on my list for 47's as far as complete rifles. Other completes are just out of control price wise but its understood with the way things are at the moment

10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

About the only Eastern Euro firearm I want is a CZ shadow 2 or TSO. I don’t get the AK fetish. But to each his own.

@Gorilla George was looney enough to get rid of his Staccato P. That is insanity. Mine is about the only handgun of mine that leaves my safe now. It’s scary how precise it is.

Gorilla George and britx303 like this.
  11. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

I just got a Shadow 2. Believe the hype.

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Oh I never questioned it.

phillip doyle likes this.
  13. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

I know there are a few out there with an FN502 and may have read my post about how much I hate the cheesy factory iron sights. I received the advice about adding Optics but decided I want to stick with Irons. After doing some research I installed Dawson Precision sights for the P320 and they maintain POA / POI
    018-713

Brand: #1 Dawson Precision

Sight Height & Notch Width: .395" Tall x .125" Notch Width Serrated

021-407

Brand: #1 Dawson Precision

Sight Height and Width: .310" Tall x .100" Wide Patridge Serrated

14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

ordered a Razor HD LHT 4.5-22x50 for sub 1k. Couldn't pass up the deal

15. britx303

For me it’s likely the mix of growing up on the 80’s action movies, combined with MD telling me “no ak for you”……….makes me want one all the “Moore”………..intentional Freudian slip:crackup:

StaccatoFan likes this.
  16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

This is so stupid... I love it. Just needs rails on the bottom for more shit to hang off it.

[​IMG]

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Bayonet Lug.

sanee likes this.
  18. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Anybody ever use a Volquartsen carbon fiber barrel? It didn’t make sense to form 1 this one, my son shoots it more than me, so I’m looking to make it 16” and there aren’t many options. This barrel is getting close to the cost of the gun so I’m just trying to do a little research.

Gun is a Smith and Wesson 15-22P fwiw.

19. Tristan

No, but one of these days I'm gonna sell off all my junky shit and buy a Black Mamba

20. Tristan

Finally decided on an upper to slap on my spare AR lower- BCA 10.5" stainless barrel .223 Wylde. An extravagant $210 shipped.

britx303 likes this.