1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Wrangler questions

Discussion in 'General' started by tiggen, May 21, 2023.

1. I have 15 in mine and it’s spent about 50% of its life off road :) carpet has been out of it since it had 24 miles on it.

2. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

It’s strange, I have no pics of mine but here’s an LJ I built not long ago. IMG_4165.jpeg

3. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

friend just bought a 21 rubicon with the diesel. He's never had a diesel but friends of friends owned a large Jeep dealer in the SE and said the diesel is the best motor if you plan to do much off road and long term, but pretty sure it's not an option any more except in specific trim levels? Between he I4 and the 6 cylinder they recommended the turbo 4.

I had a CJ7 and one of the original wranglers and a few Grand Cherokees. Can't wait to get his Rubicon up in north GA and watch him cringe fording some rivers. :)

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Funny, I’ve had my Gladiator for four years and just got “ducked” for the first time last week.

5. Having driven a buddies not long ago with the turbo 4 with just some very basic bolt ons (just drop in filter, standard tune from Berger (just cleans up low and high spots in the mapping), 35’s heavy MT’s and 4.11’s and I thought it was a lot better than my 3.6. He had a JKU set up almost exactly like this new one and he much prefers the 4cyl. It’s funny hearing him say that as he’s a hot rod guy and also has a trick 05? Unlimited 2dr with a very well done LS swap and built very stout and with a lot of $ and attention to detail.

6. Very nice, great attention to detail keeping it looking simple and clean. I hate cluttered looking stuff.

ducnut and Ducman851 like this.
  7. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

It’s probably one the nicest “stocking” looking LJs.
    MetalCloak Fenders and armor all packed not matched
    MetalCloak long arm kit
    Currie 60s front and rear gears to 5.13 with E-Lockers
    Tom Woods drive shafts
    Mickey Thompson 40s
    Upgraded Brake Master
    Custom Tie rod and drag link
    PSC full hydro steering
    PRP Seats
    GenRight Cage
    GenRight Fuel Pump trap door
    ARB Dual Compressor

Those are the meaty bits. There many smaller items as well

8. Very impressive. High quality parts with a purpose. I have Woods drive shafts, Currie built front and sleeved, gussetted rear myself both with e lockers and 4:11’s, have only used my 4:53s for when out west on long trips. I’m only running 35’s so 99% of the time 4:11 can be made to work. PSC assist, upgraded master and front calipers/ rotors/ pads, self upgraded Synergy drag link and rod, I have Tera short arms but to build it now I’d go Metalcloak 100% they just weren’t as available in 2014 as they are now, some very very trick one off shocks, electronically adjustable, some trick progressive springs just the way I want them for how I use my Jeep, hydraulic bump stops- they were new and free and handy at times as anytime I can pretend my Jeeps a pre-runner I do :)

Ducman851 likes this.
  9. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Was just shopping for a Wrangler last night. I’m partial to YJ’s with a 4.0 straight six with a stick. Had one for years before it mysteriously disappeared. I think I want another one.

The 4.0 will go for a few hundred thousand miles, you can’t kill the thing. The YJ’s are small, simple to work on, ride like crap, are underpowered, and I love em!

10. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I wouldn't touch a diesel with a 10' pole. Buddy of mine had 3 blow up before he wised up and went a different route.

ducnut and SuddenBraking like this.
  11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

That is currently what I am running. I just rolled over 200k miles. It starts every time, looks decent for an old beater and doesn't burn oil. And I find it relaxing to drive as I am not worried about people running in to me...:crackup:

12. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

She ended up with a High Altitude with exactly all the equipment she wanted. Thanks for the help!

I also now know that you can spend >$70k on a Jeep. (She didn't, just saw one at the dealership. )

SuddenBraking, r1owner and ducnut like this.