1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who are the Adv riders here?

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Mar 19, 2018.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

When I bought the D16RR, I rode it for about 2 miles up and down the main road in my subdivision, then parked it in my living room. Its a pretty bike and it sounds great, but it wouldn't do much for me to actually ride it on the street. Track would be fun, but stressfull.

I ordered a $1600 Chinese 230cc bike on Amazon and had a blast putting it together with my son. Its my go-to bike everyday in the summer and I kinda love the thing. Its funky and quirky. I can dominate it within 2 seconds of hopping on. Super fun!

2. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

He still rode the D16RR quite a bit, but no where near as much as the multi. I used to love seeing a bunch of people looking at a Harley with a bunch of bolt on ordered from a catalog "custom" parts on it in the parking lot at work completely oblivious to the D16RR that was sitting a few feet away.

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Damn fine list..

malamute and fastfreddie like this.
  4. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

20K on the Multi Enduro and only oil changes and tires.

Jus' sayin' . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

rd400racer likes this.
  5. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

BTW - dsesmo valves were in spec . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

6. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I have a 2019 1260 Enduro. It doesn’t have as much soul as I was hoping for. I like it, but I kinda wish I would have bought a GSA.

7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

BMW, every day and twice on Sundays.

I have a pretty tricked out 2016 (same color as the pic), and it’s just a fabulous machine.

8. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Britt likes this.
  9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

BMW it is. Brought her home this morning. I have yet to really ride it, but looking forward. I started my big bike life 40 years ago on a 750F so it's interesting to be on an inline 4 again.

[​IMG]

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Just saw this...
    Want. :D

Screen Shot 2023-04-12 at 17.11.53.png

Yeah, I know...

11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

How is it so far?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Did a bike swap yesterday. Yeah, my XR is fast but damn the KTM isn't far behind it. It's a fairly normal bike until it hits 6K rpm and man it takes off. I liked it. The shifting is buttery smooth, enough so that I don't even think I'd miss the quickshifter. Balls in his court now, trade plus cash to me. I'm heading to New Mexico and Colorado in 3 weeks so one of these bikes is going with me.

[​IMG]

Once a Wanker.., cBJr, ducnut and 2 others like this.
  13. PHILJ

PHILJ Active Member

Anyone have or rode the 23 Triumph Tiger rally pro? I rode tested one along with a GSA and a Pan America.Kept hitting my shins on the BMW engine barrels.The Triumph is a great ride.Really nice motorcycle. Just saying

ducnut likes this.
  14. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I've got a '20 Tiger 900 Rally, the non-Pro because I felt I didn't need heated seats, illuminated controls, that chincy "skid plate", and 'Off-Road Pro' mode. And I can add the Triumph shift assist, if I want it. I go back and forth if it's really going to fit my sport touring style, I've been a bit spoiled by the H2 SX SE. But, it's opened up a great world of gravel roading, and 2 track. I bought it to do the CO-BDR back in '21 and enjoyed the experience. Most of the problems with the 900 Rally line are coming from the aftermarket parts put on them. Mostly engine guards causing either broken beak/headlight mounts, or engine mount bolts to sheer, and with that the occasional broken main frame. I wish they'd allow the motor to make just a little more power. I feel it's kinda under stressed.

ducnut likes this.
  15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Picking up my 2023 T7 this morning, can't wait. :D

cpettit, cBJr, ducnut and 3 others like this.
  16. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Any KTM experts here? What were the years of any significant changes to KTM 500 EXC-F?

I was thinking about a fast big thumper, and want to see how far back I can go to get the latest technology.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  17. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I've got some new, never used or installed accessories that I didn't include when I sold my '21 T7 this January. I'll look and see what I still have.

18. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I'm interested in getting a 350 EXC-F, or Husky (Gas Gas?) equivalent. I don't need as much power or weight as a 500 has, (and certainly not what my T7 had!)

19. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

2012 to 2016 are considered 'peak' for the 500. The later years are good, but there is a bit of a feeling that KTM lost some reliability trying to lighten the platform.

Alex_V likes this.
  20. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I would’ve bought the KTM, but, it didn’t have cruise control, so took home an 800XCx. That was 2015.

rd400racer likes this.