1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Wrangler questions

Discussion in 'General' started by tiggen, May 21, 2023.

1. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

My sister wants a Wrangler. It's her dream car from when we were kids.

This will be a city commuter. It will not go off road. She will never tow anything. It will never use the 4wd barring another Snowmageddon.

Any info on the turbo I4 vs the V6? Are both/either reliable?

What rear ends are available? Is that dependent on trim?

And speaking of trim, can anybody explain what the differences are? Is there a chart somewhere that explains the differences in trim levels? The Jeep website has not been helpful or I'm just not getting to the right page on my phone.

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Standard use case for a Wrangler. I can't help with the trim levels, but make sure she gets at least a Rubicon or Sahara so she won't be looked down on by the other soccer dads that drive them to the mall and back.

sharkattack, tiggen and tony 340 like this.
  3. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

The V6 is actually pretty OK in this generation and will make a huge difference in re-sale (eventually). Haters aside, Wranglers do make good commuters as they ride well over speed bumps, turn sharp for u-turns, fit normal people, and can haul Home Depot stuff. Bonus they are convertible to fun sunny days and will take her camping if she ever decides too:)

4. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

My buddy has 5k worth of shit on his Rubicon and it's never seen a dirt road.

Mind boggling

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I’m more of a Levi guy!

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Download the brochure from Jeep's site. All the options and the trim levels for which they can be fitted should be on a spreadsheet-style page of the brochure, usually on the last few pages.
    https://www.jeep.com/gab.html
    Familiarize yourself with a "build" from this info. Go to the dealer, confirm the build's validity, pay deposit, wait.

Money being a large consideration in the purchase of a new vehicle, I purposely did not buy a Rubicon or other high end trim level. I probably spent half of what I would have spent if I optioned for one of those higher trim levels with the addition of my "must have" OEM option choices.
    My "sold order" base trim JK with selectively chosen "must have" options has been one of the best vehicle purchases I've ever made. For the most part, it has everything the OEM offers that I wanted and none of the OEM stuff I didn't.

Your sister may feel more connected with her dream Jeep if she avails herself of this purchasing option.

ducnut likes this.
  7. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

It's a Barbie for men. Like 98% of AR-15's

Big T likes this.
  8. tiggen

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

can she drive a manual?? The base 2dr models are still "reasonable"... the 4drs & Gladiators are bat shit crazy.

10. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

At the end of the day it's still a chrysler product....

Seiko, DJ Baker, Razr and 3 others like this.
  11. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Or Carhartt. Wanglers never fit my ass worth a damn.

Razr likes this.
  12. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Around here they are driven by fat lesbians with dashboards full of those silly ducks.

13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

14. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I prefer the turbo 4 to the V6.

15. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

16. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

2023 Rubicon TR here.
    (Obligatory Sedona photo attached)

They really don't make great commuters. Slightest cross winds pushes this thing around when air gets underneath it. Noisy and hot on the inside even with the roof mats.

But its tons of fun, top down and smiling.
    Get it, enjoy it for what it is.

Attached Files:

ducnut likes this.
  17. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

As someone who does my share of lifters and rockers on the new gen 3.6 I will disagree. The JL and JTs are also prone to electrical issues due to secondary battery failures on the non-eco torque units. It causes all kinds of hate and discontent with the TIPM and the canbus system. That said I love both of my “dumb” Jeeps. 1989YJ and 2005 TJ on JK Rubicon axles with 37s

ducnut likes this.
  18. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Here also! Also with all sorts of strange, bright 'color accent' painting of unusual pieces, and matching color led lights. Eyelashes over the headlights, and shit like that.

I figure they're trying to 'one up' the Subaru driving ones, or something.

ducnut, Dragginass and brex like this.
  19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

No eyelashes on the mall crawlers here, but they all seem to think the "angry eyes" are cool.

ducnut likes this.
  20. tiggen

Yeah, what is the duck thing?

Once a Wanker.. and ducnut like this.