1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would be on board with this line of thinking if they were racing another team for the title. They are not. This is a Red Bull championship. Checo is not credibly improving Alonso's or Leclerc's championship chances by taking points from Max. This is purely about Max being the Chosen One at Red Bull. I can't really blame them: if I paid someone €55 million, I would want to feel that I was justified in doing it. But Horner could at least show some support for his other driver. He knows just as well as we all do that he's not going to win the championship anyway.

Yzasserina likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

3. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Would love to see Danny back in a car on a permanent basis. Latest rumor is that he has gotten rid of some detrimental habits he picked up elsewhere and being back with Red Bull he's gotten quicker. My dream finish would be Danny, Alonso and Sargeant in the top spots. Statistically impossible but a guy can dream right?

Yzasserina likes this.
  6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Danny Ric to replace De Vries soon? I'm hearing the rumbling...

Tifosi likes this.
  7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Imola is flooded again. What is it with that place?

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Water. :Poke:

10. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

Race canceled, when is the last time that happened?

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Looks like it sits at the base of a mountainous area, so heavy rains and runoff equal flooding.

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Fook!!!

14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

River is immediately adjacent to track. Wonder what the stage has to be (think if this as height in meters from the riverbed) for it to flood into the track? Streetview on the bridge at the entrance looks like maybe +2 m would do it. https://goo.gl/maps/KGUAfBaoSRjSwvtr5

15. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Australia at beginning of Covid for starters. And China a few times, but before anyone showed up. And others that were on schedule and later cancelled.

16. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

There was to be a nice run of 5 races in 6 weeks.....

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Kyler Murray! Oh hell no.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I was at the track on Thursday. Sad to see everyone packing up. The surrounding area is devastated, though.