Anyone here ride with Southeast Minimoto and/or been to Twin Fountains?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by bncadvr, May 13, 2023.

1. bncadvr

bncadvr Well-Known Member

I'm relatively new to the southeast and, per the title, recently heard about Southeast Minimoto group and Twin Fountains Raceway in Shelbyville TN.

Anyone have any experience with either? I'm wanting to get another Grom and get after it again. Used to race TMGP in Texas and I miss it.

2. TCC SZ

TCC SZ Active Member

YUP! Great org and great community! I’ve raced with them for almost 3 seasons now and it’s been drama free fun! Groms class is almost always well gridded with some fast guys too.

bncadvr likes this.
  3. bncadvr

Where do you go for regular riding practice outside of races? I'm guessing Lamar County? Twin Fountains and MidPond are close enough to me for day trips, but they don't seem to really do regular track days or member days. Lamar is an overnight trip for me.

4. scridercoach

scridercoach Active Member

I rode with them for the first time in April ... a fantastic group of people. Couldn't make this month's round at Twin Fountains. I picked up a Z125 and it was my first time out there. I'm totally hooked (and that's after having a 7-hour drive become a 20-hour drive, long story, and breaking my finger). Didn't care... it was great and people are really helpful and answered questions.

I'm in the same boat, not having a practice location. I've been planning on checking into going to Barnesville during weekdays, as I've heard they have open practice.

5. TCC SZ

TCC SZ Active Member

Yes Lamar county speedway is open practice for karts and minimoto every day that they don’t have an event. Just go to thegska.com to pay the practice fee ($45) and then show up any time of the day you pick. You’ll have to split time with the kart track racers but they have all been super chill to work in with.

6. scridercoach

scridercoach Active Member

Good to know, thanks.

I’ll definitely plan on getting a few days in. I work a rotating schedule, so I can’t always make the SEMM rounds.

Just in case I can get my hands on something a little bigger than my Z, do they have a size limit?

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

450cc I believe

8. bncadvr

Too bad Twin Fountains doesn't have better track access. I'm having trouble justifying getting another mini if I can only race it a few times per year with no practice. :/

9. Rugbydad

Rugbydad Tiny Member

We've ridden with SEMM at Lamar. Fun group of guys.