1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The missus works for a financial entity that has two main lines of specialty: Commercial real estate, and last chance GPS-integrated-to-the-ignition car loans.

We've battened down the hatches and polished up her resume.

YamahaRick and Clay like this.
  2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Ugh. That doesnt sound good at all. Tell her good luck in her search.

3. auminer

Thanks. At our age it's tougher no matter the resume. We will be fine. Unlike the aforementioned institutions, we account for hiccups in income. If worst comes to worst, I can go get a real job. Don't really want to, though.

[​IMG]

BigBird and ChemGuy like this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Can she scoop poop? Maybe she can sleep her way into this growth industry....:D

YamahaRick, auminer and Banditracer like this.
  5. auminer

She actually likes coming with me, and has handled more than a few outlier customers when I had my own business. Since I sold out and went to work for the big fish, she doesn't do that anymore.

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

[​IMG]

Clay, auminer and ChemGuy like this.
  7. auminer

Well, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ;)

Banditracer likes this.
  8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Beat me to it.

YamahaRick likes this.
  9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

PacWest burning to the ground. Which govt backed big fish will buy it?

10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Can't find who in here, but if you own ET, did you get your dividend last week? Mine did not hit my account at all. It was due on the 5th.

11. auminer

thrak410 likes this.
  12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Btw Mongo, Moloch is a game theoretic demon that applies to economics and capitalism. I probably should have clarified. That’s two bans that are…. dubious. I’m starting to think you’re looking for reasons to have me out of here :D

Last edited: May 14, 2023
  13. auminer

Does Moloch like donuts? :crackup:

cortezmachine likes this.
  14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Don't be such a weak bitch. Let Mongo know how you really feel!

cortezmachine likes this.
  15. auminer

Sad that it falls to NPR to say the quiet part out loud.

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/16/1174...e-property-offices-work-from-home-remote-work

Anybody who has been paying attention can see that commercial real estate, specifically office space, is going to abso-freakin-lutely melt down. Couple that with toxic mortgage MBSs on the opposite end of the spectrum from 2008...you know... the ones with great credit faithfully paying their mortgages carrying 3 percent or less. Those MBSs are not viable holdings when banks have to pay 4 percent to lure depositors. The values of them need to be written down, reducing assets at the same time that people are worried about the FDIC being able to insure their deposits.

Almost looks like this was set up on purpose for some reason...

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

NPR is far from the first with that prognostication. The question isn't whether banks will fail because of this, but how many and how soon.

It might be just a handful, it could be a few at a time over a long period, or it might be a tsunami. The good news is on these is they shouldn't be like the first couple of banks that failed this year due to liquidity issues. These banks and their regulators should have plenty of time to see it coming and do an orderly sale of the assets without stressing the FDIC.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Hey, I said "should" not "would". ;) Seriously, many of these will be cleaner than the first couple this year. Already proving out as First Republic was not nearly as ugly as the first two.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You suffer under the illusion that these smaller banks haven’t already been divvied up amongst the leviathans and the days of reckoning are scheduled…

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I swear every American suffers from Alzheimer's when it comes to the stupid shit we've seen happen in the past. Oh..they learned from last time and it could never happen again.

R1M370 and Banditracer like this.