1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

nice!! and nice thread in the forums..

I did basically everything that could be done to a mk7 Golf...and i have the bills to prove it lol

khill likes this.
  2. C'mon bruh. You are never supposed to track how much shit costs. Ever.

Yzasserina, BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yup. All my shit was free. :D

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

oh 100%...all the bills have $0 on them...

Just crazy to think there's about 100 line items on my spreadsheet with zero costs. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. fastfreddie

I learned the lesson my second full race season. We started with a comprehensive budget, it increased 50% halfway through the season, I stopped counting. FWIW, I was opposed to a set budget to begin with...
    At the end of the season, we totaled everything.

Nope. Never again. Not gonna count. No how, no way. Ever.

Can't take it with ya anyway so why bother?

BigBird likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Pretty much this is me summed up

[​IMG]

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I picked up a new summer daily this week. Car is pretty awesome so far! Seems to be a lot of car for the money.

IMG_5679.jpg

IMG_5680.jpg

Wingnut, KCFirebolt, noles19 and 4 others like this.
  8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Nice 'Vette ! When are you geting the jorts, hawaiian shirt and white New Balance sneakers ? :D

Jedb, trussdude and JJJerry like this.
  9. JJJerry

New Balance's will be here today - white 608's!

I'll have to work on the jorts and shirt though.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Still a lot of car for the money.

BigBird likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don’t forget the chest rug and gold chains ;)

JJJerry likes this.
  12. fastfreddie

Ya can't just leave us hangin' with a couple pics...year, package(s), mods, mileage, trans, etc.?

JJJerry likes this.
  13. JJJerry

Ha, my bad!

- LS2, 6M
    - BTR S4 cam, heads have been cleaned up, texas speed headers / x-pipe, obnoxious SLP loudmouth.
    - Made 486 rwhp
    - 82k miles
    - The options list is odd - it has every 3LT option (HUD/heated seats/homelink/memory seats/bose...etc), but 3LT isn't in the RPO codes
    - It's been well cared for. The paint is way to nice for me!

Picked it up for $20k. It's been great so far. I plan to change the exhaust to a Corsa Sport, clean up the headlights and drive it!

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Good plan. The headlights are the only thing I could see that needs attention on the outside but what early 2000's car doesn't?

15. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

I work at a racetrack here in Texas. I asked the top instructor which car for daily driving, maybe a trackday and general good looks and without hesitation he said Cadillac CT 4/5 V Blackwing. I went home and watched some videos and then went to the dealership to have a look. The 4 is doable, the 5 is out of my range, but wow is it awesome.

BigBird and JJJerry like this.
  16. fastfreddie

Sounds fun!
    Our base coupe C6/6M, also a 3LT, was way too OEM quiet for a manual. What fun is shifting up/down if ya can't hear it? I slapped a Borla over-axle on it...came with an OEM x-pipe. No engine work, yet, but I did put a "skip shift eliminator" in it. Funny thing is, I never see it want to be in the skip shift mode now...not that it ever really saw it to begin with but, man, was that annoying when it happened.
    Our 6-disc Bose head unit sucks...has a memory of its own when in CD mode. :rolleyes:

Odd option list? 3LT is a trim level consisting of numerous RPO codes. They're probably all there individually. I don't remember how the build sheets are laid out.
    UV6 = HUD
    KA1 = Heated seats
    UG1 = Garage door opener
    AAB = Memory
    US9(?) = Bose

Did it start as a base coupe? Just curious as to where the f/r spoilers came from and, does it have big brakes as if it were a Z51 - I can't tell from the pics? Z51 is another trim level comprised of individual RPO codes that include gearing and suspension.
    Maybe run a code reader to verify the VIN and then do a VIN search for the equipped features?

It looks so clean for the amount of mileage that I find it suspect. :D

17. JJJerry

I assumed 3LT would be on the codes, I didn't realize it's just a compliation of all the individual codes. Yeah, it's a base, the previous owner put the spoilers on (not sure what brand they are). I dig them.

It's not a Z51, it has the RPO for 'soft ride suspension' (FE1).

18. JJJerry

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

That seems like a ton of car for $20k. Congrats!

fastfreddie and JJJerry like this.