Why is the Gas Pump Talking to Me?!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Resident Plarp, Apr 18, 2023.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I just want to put fuel in my car, pay at the pump, and leave.

What group(s) do I need to genocide in order to stop this from happening. It was fine occasionally stopping at a place with a boombox gas pump, because it wasn't near me. I could stand the "unce unce unce" in certain locales, and even the odd cheddar news garbage.

BUT NO!

This week, this very damned day, in fact - my preferred fuel station spawned the evil fuel pumps with large LCDs that demand EVERYONE's attention. I don't give a shit about what clothes Jay-Hoe was spotted in recently, the latest Android update is still faggoty (Ice Cream Sugar III?!), and does anyone need to be reminded about the shop full snacks ten yards from the pump?

If I wanted entertainment at the pump, I'd roll up to a no-name gas station with a nice car in South Chicago and buy a lottery ticket using change.

Tell me who came up with this and you can start buying shares in IG Farben! I'll be ordering a holocaustic quantity of Zyclon B to deal with these cunts, their families (including distant and disowned relatives), their close friends, enemies, retired school administrators and all ... ALL of their pets - that came up with this idea.

Let me fuel up in peace!!!!

AHHHh1h!!!

JJJerry, Sabre699, Wingnut and 5 others like this.
  2. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Its advertising. Someone figured out that you're a captive audience while filling your car. Its annoying AF, especially when the audio is LOUD.

One more reason to get an EV and put in a L2 charger at home.

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You mad, bro?

4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

'Bout time

969 likes this.
  5. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

Press the button that is second down on the right to mute. If that one doesn't do it, try it on the left.

[​IMG]

969, borislav, BigBird and 1 other person like this.
  6. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

^^ this. Most pumps have this button as the mute button. It's often not labeled.
    I have randomly written "mute" on this button if I have a sharpie with me. The ads and blog videos are very annoying.

tl1098, Phl218 and BrentA like this.
  7. Resident Plarp

I’ll try this next time I fill up.
    Send me your address and I’ll send you a gift!

8. Resident Plarp

What’s that, and let Elon & co. listen into my conversations and know everywhere I go?!!

Nah man, I’ve got dead Steve Jobs in my pocket doing that already.

:D :D

969, BigBird and Motofun352 like this.
  9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I'll deal with the screen and the loud music because I love America.

10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

seriously.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I find it ironic how all of those screens are working to the point of annoyance but heaven forbid the receipt printer at the pump works just as reliable. Gas stations and convenience stores compelled a few friends to go EV. Now they all have constant "plug drama"...lol

12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Just slap a round WERA sticker over the speaker. Your still gonna have to listen to the other 10 pumps since they play at 340 decibels most of the time.

969 and tl1098 like this.
  13. Resident Plarp

I’ve observed this phenomenon, maybe. Saw two dudes pushing each other around in front of a full gay bar (that’s what we refer to charging stations in this house). They didn’t look like EV clientele, they could have been arguing about the value of an ounce of dope. But I didn’t stick around to find out, I was just trying to keep my cool in front of a talking fuel pump.

14. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

As is tradition.

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

The ignorance in the ad industry has no boundaries.

969 likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ignorance? It’s pretty damn smart. You’re a captive audience and you have to know the secret handshake to mute it. Like that shit in taxis, a mix of shitty late night talk show “comedy” with ads.

Next step is for the shit at the pump to pair with your facegores preferences and shit like that and show shit directly marketable crap to you. It’s coming.

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

No way, Facebook would never do that. They are a wonderful, benevolent organization that is only there to assist the needy. They don't want to sell any of your information or have any way to possibly do so.

Rebel635 likes this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Who’s ignorant?

Ad pushers have always been reviled.

And yet, the sheep keep buying…

19. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

You don't like getting your pop updates from Maria Menounos at the pump?

JJJerry and 969 like this.
  20. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

You don’t buy fuel?