1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Button did comment how brutal that race was, he said it was more brutal than the whole season of F1. The team sure was impressed with his feedback about the car. And he went way beyond the normal amount of time people put in for interviews.

2. rwdfun

rwdfun

Sure these F1 drivers had a blast. Like we have a blast when we go to bumper cars.

I’m fairly confident the only reason that race ended was because the drivers from 5th back just gave up giving a fuck and wanted to go home. They would’ve continued to wreck themselves until sunset otherwise

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

A bumper car with 800 HP!

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Drag race to the end!

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

This is hilarious.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

DAMN..quite the spectacle. I feel bad for George.

Yzasserina likes this.
  8. rwdfun

rwdfun

So let me get this straight. Some of what happened during the restart lap counts, like the damaged cars but, not all, like the passes resulting from the contact and shitty driver’s (Stroll) mistakes? I knew when I saw Lance high five his dad in the pit lane, Aston would be gifted something. I didn’t think it would be as much as was humanly possible. Basically moving the Aston’s from back of the field to 3rd and 4th? When the also only restarted 3rd and 6th? Billionaires win again. I wouldn’t be surprised if most of the “restart” delay was waiting for the check to clear and trying to figure any way to move them both to the podium.

So sometimes on the 1st lap they let contact go as close racing incident and sometimes not? Sainz 5 second penalty to be served under a safety car finish is way more punitive than a normal 5 second penalty. F1 rules and their application are fucking ridiculous. F1 Stewards act like they are the smartest people in the room when they are actually absolute morons. Sometime blindly applying rules and throwing their hands up like it’s the rules and then sometimes making shit up as they go

This result is fucking bullshit. If this new F1 is going to use safety cars and red flags to create closer racing like NASCAR, they need to use all the NASCAR tricks. Like don’t throw a damn red flag immediately from green. Dumb shifts need to throw a safety car 1st so they CAN establish a running order after all the wrecks. From a safety point of view a safety car is the same as a red flag for the driver on track. All they needed to do was throw a safety car put it out on track at pit out. All drivers slow and meet the safety car who the parades them around to the checkered flag. How fucking hard is that. Would save controversy and waiting around for 30+ minutes to do the same thing.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
    BigBird and cpettit like this.
  9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Yeah that was a shit ending.

10. rwdfun

rwdfun

Holy shit. Just watched the end of the re-airing and ESPN completely purged the entire last restart and 30 minutes of reshuffling the order. They started the last commercial break with the order before the restart with all the eventual wrecked cars included and then come back as the safety car is exiting the pits with a completely different running order to parade to the checkers. Holy white wash for Americans Batman. Nothing to see here Americans. Just continue on blindly watching your made up drama Drive to Survive and paying $1ok to come to the Las Vegas and Miami races to eat PB&Js so you can post you being cool watching an F1 race on your intstagrams.

Oh and Max’s interview saying Lewis didn’t follow the rules when asked about the battle on the 1st restart and then saying he’ll take that into account for the next race. Max is such a BS artist. I’m predicting if Max has the opportunity and need, he’ll run Lewis into a wall while also running all 4 of his tires completely off track and claim it’s the same as what Lewis did to him. Always the victim. “Typical”

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
    BigBird likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

12. rwdfun

rwdfun

Thinking and complaining more about the Sainz penalty. So Stewards give him a 5 second for negatively affecting Alonso’s race. Then decide the restart didn’t happen and give Alonso his position back but still keep the penalty that occurred on a lap that didn’t actually count?

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I’m good with that. :)

Razr and tiggen like this.
  14. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Harshness of the Sainz penalty aside, they mentioned this has happened before and if a red flag comes out before the first sector is complete, the grid resets. Since Alonso could continue he retook his spot in third.

15. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I would read it, except that I got a notification saying that only blue check accounts can do txt msg authentication. I never really used or understood Twitter, so I'm sure my absence going forward will be of little consequence.

Now, on the topic at hand: lulz, what a circus.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't even know what that means. Someone emailed it to me, I clicked on it and it worked.

17. tiggen

Well what's it about?

18. tiggen

Btw, I will say that I find the racing immeasurably more enjoying to watch now that I don't have to worry about which of my drivers is not scoring points for my fantasy team.

thrak410 and HPPT like this.
  19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Just follow the link. It’s funny and you don’t have to be a Twitter member.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, it's a double-edged sword: it keeps you interested, but it increases the stress level significantly.