1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 1 | Portimão | Portugal | Mar 26

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

MM might not make it out of there alive tonight.

How do you punish that? Pitlane start, or grid penalty just invites more of the same. Sock full of quarters?

Mav seemed pretty damn happy. Good to see.

Off to a shitty start. Down a couple potential championship frontrunners right out of the gate. Hope they all heal quick and fully.

2. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

MM Double long lap penalty for Argentina, should be for the next two races (Double long lap for each incident), but I doubt he will learn!

KneeDragger_c69 and cpettit like this.
  3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

See? Thats even more reason Rossi is the GOAT. When in his sunset years on a slow bike, he didnt injure and maim half of his competitors....

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

This new gen of racers are so lovey dovey, grabbing butt and hugging. In the old days, MM would have been taken out back and beaten to within an inch of his life.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

7. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:beer:

8. My $160 was well spent :)

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I knew what you were saying. But it was funny that you were saying that in defense of the guy who squandered a solid championship early lead last year, and who this year has to climb out of an early hole making his odds of winning worse than last year. :D
    They should at a minimum use the opportunity to suspend him for one race since he's wearing a cast anyway. Even if it doesn't change anything, it will be good for optics.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Anyone touch Gibernau at Barcelona in '06? Who beat up Doohan in England in '93? What era are you talking about? The 60s?

jksoft and 418 like this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm not talking about one offs. I'm talking about a guy who has throughout his entire career not cared about his fellow competitors and has consistently and relentlessly done dumb ass shit which hurts other people and causes damage to other teams' budgets. The boy aint right in the head.

12. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

....and the worst part is that Beastie and Ollie were 100% innocent in their crashes....Sucks being taken out and getting injured and the 'at fault' riders walk away and they're just stuck saying 'oops, my bad.'.

Gino230, KneeDragger_c69 and cpettit like this.
  13. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Phl218 and rd400racer like this.
  14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Marquez is such a shitbag. 3 incidents in the first lap. He should have to sit out a race.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was my opinion until Aleix said it. I can't agree with such a hypocritical hothead. I take it back. :D

Razr and cpettit like this.
  16. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Bobby Mac wuda na put up wi' his shite. (From back when 'Hard men of racing' wasn't an Only Fans channel.)

Pixelator likes this.
  17. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Who you talkin to Willis?

18. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Passing rider responsibility and all aside it sure seemed like the winner(Hallgada)sp? Rolled off early and was going quite slow at that point. Didn’t help Joel Kelso was removing a tear off either. Scary stuff regardless between the speed differential and nobody expecting contact after the checkered flag.

19. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

:crackup: E3421C36-C901-473A-986C-7E7427D918E7.jpeg

Phl218 likes this.
  20. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

2 long lap penalty for MM is trivial. Moving him backwards only encourages more desperate riding. He has a lifetime of knocking people down and barging past. Enough. Give him a final warning, then ban him.

Cheers,

Dave