1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kidney stones suck

Discussion in 'General' started by This old Rz, Mar 24, 2023.

1. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

I had an attack during my time on the bike in an endurance race one time. Pretty interesting.

Razr and G Dawg like this.
  2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I had no idea . I thought it was constipation . Major cramping, nothing worked . Ended up going to the hospital on the 3rd of July . Lucky I got there in the morning . Just before I went in for scans , the ambo's started coming for from a 3 car pile up.

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Flow-max is what they gave me.
    Pissed blood then a stone the size of a rice grain.
    Hang in there, drink lots and jump down some stairs to loosen them up

4. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

The Doc, she offered me Flowmax, but then she said "our studies indicate that drinking fluids doesn't necessarily enhance passing kidney stones" ?
    I wasn't exactly thinking straight at the moment, so I should have taken them..The nurse however said drink till your about to explode! She said what others have said..she said she's had kidney stones and two children..she said she'd take birth each time.
    Seriously..I think your stair advice..makes sense..lol I'm thinking about doing anything to expedite this ordeal.

I don't get it... ??
    Last time 20 yrs ago, I had this problem they used ultrasound to identify & broke them up right there on the spot and sent me home..

This time, they give me a Cat scan.. and tell me they don't do that anymore that it is an outpatient procedure at another location if deemed necessary and then... they send you home to suffer.

Somebody's getting paid big bucks through insurance for that CAT scan though....? Everyone comes out ahead, except the patient ?

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  5. This old Rz

I'm trying, I'm trying Sarge!

I normally feel like this.
    Screenshot_20230325-101313.png
    But during the Kidney Stones..this seems to be the reality..

Screenshot_20230325-101349~2.png

ToofPic, Razr and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  6. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I wound up in the ER w/ 1 kidney stone. The next nite, i back at ER w/ a 2nd one. Third night, 3rd kidney stone.... skipped the ER. I had to wait Friday-Monday to get surgery. Was brutal.

ToofPic likes this.
  7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I was told in the ER that since it was a holiday weekend, they were short staffed as far as surgery was concerned or they would have done it then.
    However, I was referred to a urologist . They gave me the ultrasound option, but said it only had a 80% chance.
    And it was done at their faculty and is done every other week.

8. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

I've had so many kidney stones i've lost count. Only had to get lithotripsy once.

Largest one i've passed was 9mm. 10mm stone needed the lithotripsy.

I really don't think they're as bad as everyone says they are. I passed one at work during a meeting (went to the bathroom of course). They could hear me laughing in the bathroom, I walked into the room holding the kidney stone.

I've now completely changed my diet and haven't had any in awhile. Lemon juice ftw.

Photo and Phl218 like this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How did you retrieve it?

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

probably the same way like everyone else. Raw dog

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Have you ever been hit by a bus?
    Because it seems like every other bad thing in the world has happened to you.
    I don't think I could hang out with you because I'd always be waiting for lightning to strike or perhaps a meteor hit.

12. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

:D:Putter::D Brutal but True , lol

<3 :beer:

13. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

I have had issues with kidney stones for 40 years. I have never needed surgery but have been curled up n the corner whimpering like a poisoned puppy on a few occasions. I probably average 3-4 a year and they seem to occur close to each other.

The worst I ever had was in Sturgis one year, started bothering me the day before I was leaving to come home. I had to be home to go back to work so I climbed, gingerly onto my Harley and headed for home. I was in agony the whole way. I pulled into the drive and basically fell in a heap. My wife helped me in the house and was getting herself ready to take me to the ER and I passed it. I cussed up a storm because I had not been home 15 minutes and it hung with me for 3 days on the trip home, I prayed I wasn't dying and prayed that I would all the way home.

14. swiest152

I reached into the toilet and grabbed it.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Gross!

I peed into an empty 32 oz mayonnaise jar and dumped that through my colander.

Spaghetti, anyone? :D

backho likes this.
  16. backho

backho Well-Known Member

I’ve used a paint strainer, but I like your solution better.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Please tell me you work from home. Please…:Puke:

18. swiest152

nope. that was 2014.

19. This old Rz

Wheeeew!! It's only been a month of these sharp lil f#cking f#cks!:mad:
    IMG_20230423_102626004~2.jpg

This and other pcs ..have been near the exit for a few weeks...finally dissolved enough to lose em. Wheeeew again!

From now on Bottle O' Cranberry a week..I've had enough of this shit:confused:

20. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

try tart cherry juice too. man that looks big, and painful. hope you feel better soon. Ski