1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Mar 19, 2023.

1. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Have I? I don’t think so. It seems to me you’ve presumed (on the basis of an isolated incident) that the lady was a clumsy idiot, and I’ve suggested it isn’t reasonable to do so.

Particularly given that she demonstrated the strength of character after the incident (despite significant suffering), to do what many people in this thread suggested a fair minded person should - she asked McDonald’s to pay nothing but her expenses. She doesn’t sound like an idiot to me.

As for whether she’s clumsy - I have no idea. And if this is the only data point you have, neither do you. :)

2. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

What the fuck are we even talking about?

3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Tbh the change is probably for the better

5. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

We're still bitching, moaning, arguing, debating shit like we'll ever get an update. This will all be handled and silenced by all parties involved.

koth442 likes this.
  6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I doubt that

7. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Honestly I was just explaining to my wife it’s like if her favorite college football team was going through a scandal. This incident both saddens and worries as me as a former participant and lifelong fan of the league. I’m also a huge fan of all the hard work and dedication both the Czar and Mongo have devoted to our sport.

I also told my wife that if we didn’t have young children in other sports keeping us so busy that I would’ve already responded to the request for volunteer officials posted and pinned at the top of this general section. I have actually volunteered before and worked at Roebling and so it frustrates me that I could not have been there to help possibly avoid this by contributing back to the league that has given me and my family so much over the years.

So if any good comes from this incident, maybe some of us experienced old timers reading this might consider themselves called to fill the void and respond to Sean’s previous posting for assistance, if in fact there is still a void that needs filled.

8. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I think everyone should work corners at least one weekend.I did it years ago at Talladega when I was injured.It definitely puts into perspective what these men,and women do for us.They don't get enough recognition, and thanks.

DmanSlam, rugbymook, Cooter! and 6 others like this.
  9. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

I’ve said this, that before you get a race license, one should spend a weekend working corners. I helped picked up Air Fence after the CRA (California version) weekend at Laguna. Holy balls!! Those things are heavy. Mad respect to those who set them up every weekend

10. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

Usually get some track credit for doing it too.

ToofPic likes this.
  11. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

I`m talking in general....as in racing is not customary, nor is that speed. It`s a choice.:D

I stand by my statement. :D

12. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

That`s what I said... it`s human.

13. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Love the beeb. The place where a 71 year old woman who accidentally spilled coffee on herself because of a cheap, flimsy cup, repeatedly gets called stupid and clumsy…

MELK-MAN and cbush like this.
  14. This is why I have so much respect for you Joe.

TurboBlew, ToddClark and cbush like this.
  15. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

Back in the day with AAMRR/LRRS you couldn't get your expert license until you spent an afternoon corner working. But that went south as people didn't want to do it and complained so it was removed from the requirement.

16. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Hey at least we haven't devolved into which pie is best yet.

17. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

I feel bad for all involved in this incident, if it was poor judgment by the Driver or lack of communication or short staffing? The system failed big time; glad it didn't cost someone their life.

breezie likes this.
  18. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

GixxerBlade, drop and MELK-MAN like this.
  19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I blame the "senior " guy in the other seat yelling at the kid to go more than anybody. If race control is yelling in his ear not to go the blame's not with WERA. The experienced guy certainly should have known better for sure.

Jon Wilkens and 50Joe like this.
  20. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

It occurs to me that keeping a time-stamped audio recording of all radio traffic during live events would be helpful in situations like this. The main thing that is in everyone's best interest is that this doesn't ever happen again. Finger pointing is counter-productive towards that goal. Instead the parties involved need to be analyzing what really happened and finding ways to prevent such occurrences.

OldGuyOnBlu likes this.