1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Mar 19, 2023.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

The rider that clipped the rear of the ambulance pulled his video and is speaking to nobody and is seeking legal council. His son watched the whole incident so who knows how that factors into things.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There are 8 billion people on earth. Even 80 million stupid ones would be a small enough number to be considered outside the norm. And that's still a whole of people.
    You've done nothing up until this point but unsuccessfully try to put words in my mouth that I didn't say. Regardless, I don't have a problem with clumsy people in general. I'm saying that stupid and clumsy is a bad combo.

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

About 9 months after my T1 paralyzing crash at RRR I got a call from a lawyer who happens to roadrace with another organization. He asked if I wanted to seek a lawsuit. I said only if the track buys airfence for T1 and nothing more. He quickly went away when he realized there would be no $$ for him.

T1 seriously needs airfence in my opinion. Still.

Rugbydad, Stumpy, ToddClark and 11 others like this.
  4. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

And just real quick , can I get a hell yea for counter steering and knowing how to use it . Again what a great job showing what real time embedded experience does .

Gino230 likes this.
  5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

He appears to be trying to pick a fight with you...

6. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

lame. mega lame.

StaccatoFan and 50Joe like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I'm like you. I had a fight with my father while laying in the hospital because he wanted to hire a lawyer. I told him I wouldn't cooperate. Didn't need a lawyer to tell me that the place where I crashed was dangerous. I knew that going in.

That said, our shit was our own doing. Not passing judgment on the people involved here.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    jeffrop, cav115, StaccatoFan and 3 others like this.
  8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Totally agree. Turns out my seizure was caused by a manufacturing defect in the monoblock cylinder casting. A casting void over the repeated stress under racing conditions caused a micro crack in the liner, sucked air and seized. The 2T tuner says he sees a defect like this in about 1% of 2T cylinders made but in a street use situation never presents a problem. That was found several years after the crash by the person who bought the bike off me after I rebuilt it. I had the cylinders re-nickisiled by Millenium. New owner raced it for about 6 months and had a light seizure so he shipped the cylinder block off for inspection because he couldn't figure out why it happened much like I couldn't. Shit happens. That's racing. I knew what I signed up for.

Gino230, joec, cav115 and 4 others like this.
  9. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Look at you, taking responsibility for your actions and shit.:Poke:
    You should have used the shotgun approach and just filed lawsuits against everybody that was involved in being at the track and anything to do with your bike or racing equipment. You would still be right where you are, a bunch of lawyers would have made some big bucks and all of the organizations and companies would ne out a bunch of money. Way to prevent distribution of the wealth by having personal standards.:crackup:

10. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Damn people far removed from racing are forwarding me articles from main stream news sites.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

81 million. ;)

StaccatoFan likes this.
  12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Did you not read the part about the multiple other lawsuits regarding the cups purchased by the franchise being incapable of containing liquid at the temperature that the franchisee had set his coffepot? Perhaps this lady got a cup that, above and beyond the higher temperature contents, was inherently defective. Some of these cup self destructed in peoples' HANDS. Hence the previous lawsuits. It's much easier to shake hot coffee off of a bare hand than it is to remove one's coffee-soaked pants and undergarments while they are steeped in scalding coffee and giving your nether regions a sous vide.

But, yeah, she was an idtio. Because, you've made up your mind it was a frivolous lawsuit without a scintilla of facts. :rolleyes:

cbush likes this.
  13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

That means that there are 4 billion people below the 50th percentile. When you consider that average intelligence is pretty low, mixed in with the general lack of common sense and then look at where the 25th percentile is on a standard bell shaped curve, you really should be surprised that there aren't a lot more injuries and fatalities in the world.

auminer likes this.
  14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Couple that with the fact that those who are well into the right side of that bell curve are demonstrably not immune to being life-alteringly injured by doing risky/stupid/clumsy things.

It's a wonder we aren't extinct. Yet.

tl1098 and cbush like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well, there’s that whole enjoyable act that leads to propagation of the species…hence the 8 billion retards trodding upon the planet’s face today. :moon:

Yzasserina likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Where, in anything I have written, did you read the word "frivolous?" Or any criticism of her lawsuit? Or any support of McDonald's? Might be time for a new eyeglasses prescription.

Just because something is inherently dangerous doesn't mean someone can't use it in a stupid manner. But since you know all the facts, I'm sure you can tell me how many people had used the same dangerous cup and lid filled with coffee at the same corporate temperature and somehow not managed to burn their skin off. Surely they make up an almost legible percentage of all coffee served before the lawsuits.

AJ likes this.
  17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

When you're bored, pull up the case and read it..Facts are not Opinion.

backbone, cbush and BrentA like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, catch up. I'm not repeating myself. Not even for you. :D

Britt likes this.
  19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

10ish years ago, a buddy of mine who knew Parrish saw him working on his bike on Saturday night. He asked him what happened and he said that he and another rider made light contact in T8. It turns out that when they did, Chris's brake lever got lifted/pivoted out of the way. The only problem is the next braking zone wasn't until T1, which was when he realized there was no lever for him to grab. He had to turn in the best he could at full speed, lock the rear and slide off the track. I've pictured what I'd do in that same situation almost ever single time I've been through there and am not convinced I'm talented enough to pull all that off.

Gino230 likes this.
  20. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

Theres enough exposed loose sand there not that the front will dig and start flipping the bike way before the berm. It cost me about 10k in parts last year when the forks were bent so bad they trashed the carts also.