1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riders transported on Saturday

Discussion in 'General' started by Shenanigans, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Any word on how they are?

2. breezie

breezie Well-Known Member

I'm fine .

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Cora had surgery on her left knee and broke her right foot. She is in good spirits and will be fine after recovery. Her crash was between T5 and T6. I only saw a video on it. She was well past the apex of T5 and her bike suddenly highsided her from the rear stepping out. Based on where she was on the track I can only give my opinion of oil on the track or a mechanical with the bike. It wasn't at a location on the track where she should have crashed and I could see nothing wrong with her riding. I probably watched the video 20 times trying to figure it out and my comments are just a guess.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No oil or even dampness where it stepped out. Not sure why it did so but it was a pretty classic high side. Sadly with good close racing if something like that happens the others have no where to go, one hit her and one hit her bike. No details on all the other riders as usual unless they want to post but everyone is relatively okay.

5. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

There's a video....
    Nevermind. I see there is a thread

6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Cora is having complications and was moved to ICU. Possible internal bleeding. This is real time info as of this exact moment.

Initial inspection of the bike found no fluids leaking anywhere from the bike. Maybe the transmission had an unexpected backshift???? I still can't figure it out.

ToofPic and William Schneider like this.
  7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Hope She's OK.

mpusch likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, she's in ICU and they're sorting things out but she is posting on facetubes so take that for what it's worth.

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Glad she is responding.

10. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Jesus. Horrible to hear. Had a high side last year and it reminded me that I’m 53 quickly. Happy to hear all are going to be ok!

Razr likes this.
  11. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

Following for updates. Cora is a badass.

12. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Cora is still in the hospital and having issues addressed. That's all I feel I should type at this time.

13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Rider that was directly behind her and hit her bike and crashed got a bad concussion and broken collarbone so he could use everyone's support too. He was maybe only 1 bike length behind her and had nowhere to go.

14. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Wishing her all the best. Anyone that overcomes an accident and disability like she has is a true fighter so I’m sure she’ll fight like hell here.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Is Cora the person who was being transported when things went from bad to worse?

16. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

No, Cora’s incident was Saturday. The ambulance fiasco was on Sunday.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Thanks.

18. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Dear Jeezsuz..that young woman's injuries were just horrific..I've never seen such devastating injuries....her spine was literally in shattered small pcs.
    Then she sits on a bike and races...now suffering even more devastating injuries...
    Best wishes to her,
    She is definitely cut from a different cloth anybody I've ever met... She may not even realize that she must be a inspiration to anyone enduring trauma..
    We never know what we're going to do until we're faced with that situation but I'd be inclined to say that woman is more of a man than I could ever be dealing with what she's dealt with...
    Hope she recovers as best as possible......God knows she's a ray of light.

R/T Performance and BrentA like this.
  19. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

I like the way people like Cora and Joe Pomeroy make what should be impossible look easy.

dave3593 and Monsterdood like this.
  20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Oh that's rough. I hope/pray she'll be able to recover fully.