1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Tyson10R

Tyson10R Well-Known Member

I agree 100%.

More people get screwed over by not seeking legal counsel than by doing so. There can be lifelong chronic issues caused by this accident that they could deal with for the rest of their life. An accident that should never have happened, that they had no control over. I don't think trying to treat this as a lottery ticket is what anyone should do, but it should be made right based on the expenses incurred and the acute/chronic medical issues resulting from the accident. That is fair. Everyone is extremely lucky the son of the rider that struck the ambulance didn't have to watch his father die.

It could be an unfortunate outcome, but at the end of the day they need to ensure they are making the right decision for themselves and their family, not for any other organization or insurance companies sake.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
    boxcrash and Circacee like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And therein lies the problem. It should be about being compensated for actual losses. Too many people lose $100K and "feel" that $10 million is "right." I almost get it if you lose a leg. But just because you're now scared when you get on a bike, an airplane, or even go to sleep at night? I don't know about that.

ToddClark, 418, boxcrash and 8 others like this.
  3. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Keep things in perspective. This was a very unfortunate event. But by all accounts everyone will be fine. Scary, yes. Bikes can be replaced, medical bills can be paid. It deserves absolutely serious consideration on how to prevent it, or similar occurrences, from happening again where the outcome could be a real tragedy.
    I hate how portions of society feel they are obligated to large sums of money for facing a little adversity. Not suggesting that is actually happening here, but the repeated mentions of lawsuits is troublesome. Nobody is owed compensation for almost being involved in a tragedy. I personally celebrate the near misses I’ve had vice fretting over them.

418, boxcrash, Cooter! and 3 others like this.
  4. Tyson10R

Tyson10R Well-Known Member

You also have to consider physical chronic issues that cause pain and affect their quality of life and their mobility as they age. If there even are any caused by the accident.

Circacee and BrentA like this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I agree, I said "losing a leg" as an example of something physical that fundamentally changes your life. Being in pain all the time is one of those.

ToddClark and Tyson10R like this.
  6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Hope your friend is OK.

You could only ride at tracks with that feature. Of course it is more $$$. Always trade offs. I suspect this will cause some corrections to prevent it.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

There are cases where it is a good idea for the ambulance to run. First there IS a flag for it (granted not crosswise in the track). An example is a crash I had (NOT WERA) in which I got run over after my bike landing on me. Fortunately I was only in a crap ton of pain with no life threatening injuries. However at the same location with same group in a previous year we lost a great friend there. So they ran the ambulance quick and took people off in a non-traditional location. Stuff like that happens and it is very hard to anticipate every case. Even at Barber I have seen them divert to bypass the museum turn so they could get medical to someone quicker.

Hope everyone was OK in this.
    Canadians do it up there.

boxcrash and mastermind like this.
  8. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Weirdos!!!!!

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's the way the VRRA does it but RACE was go slowly back to hot pit lane I think.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  10. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

:stupid: This is happening one way or another with the lawyers. If it were me I would, and I hate lawyers. The fact is if you sign an agreement and 2 months down the line you have some sort of major complication, you're fucked. Plus no insurance company is handing out checks without their lawyer, so you better be sure you aren't getting screwed because you know they will certainly try.

11. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I haven't read all the posts, so if someone has already suggested it, apologies. There's a simple solution to this in the future, but my guess is that most wouldn't like it. Red flag anytime the ambulance rolls. Yes, this will result in delays, and likely a loss of laps for people by end of day. No more risk of collisions with ambulances. No more worry for medical crews helping a downed rider. No worries for the ambulance to leave the track expeditiously if needed. There. I fixed it. I would bet less than half of you would vote for that plan.

12. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Unfortunately agree with above...
    There's little chance that ambulance company is writing a check willingly and without legal wrangling....

It might be up to the victims here to instruct the lawyers not to drag wera in this.

13. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the Jules Bianchi incident, lawsuits went no where, better safety improvements implemented everywhere.

Yzasserina likes this.
  14. SLIMMACKEY

SLIMMACKEY Well-Known Member

Ive read many adverse and obtuse posts resorting to callin people greedy b/c they seek compensation for their losses. Neither of those dudes were culpable for anything that happened in that incident...lets all acknowledge that first. Secondly, you can sue for whatever $ amount you want because it doesnt mean you will get it. Tort laws and such are in place to ensure that. HOWEVER....the assumption of what these individuals litigative narratives are or would be is completely asinine. The negligent parties should be held responsible. They will DAMN SURE have legal representation whether it sees a courtroom, mediation, or even if a settlement out of court is offered. So why shouldnt the individuals also engage a legal expert to ensure that they arent being taken advantage of by the culpapble parties who want this to go away? The perspective is that it happened, and no one can govern how these individuals feel about it or react to it as they have actual losses. And could possibly have future chronic issues. I just truly find you r last sentence as obtuse because none of us get to determine their reactions to this loss event for them. How you feel about it personally is how you feel about it if and when it happens to you. IBut if they dont feel like they were properly compensated then they should exercise their right to get fully compensated to the extent that they can. Companies fight and deny liability every day, and the overwhelming majority of the time they are culpable.

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Sorry your friend was put in harms way like that.

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I don't know this guy, but I like this guy.

Everybody pounces on the lady that sued McDonalds for the coffee incident. But when they learn the whole truth about what happened, they change their tune.

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yeah that is one of the most misunderstood situations on the Internet

backbone and BrentA like this.
  18. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

That's what the CRA does now after their ambulance incident.

19. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Thanks for this insight. I didn’t know but just looked it up. Worth a read.

20. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

As if 99% of the comments made on here don't fall into the same category.

mglax13, BrentA and socalrider like this.