1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling Road Raceway 3/18-19/23

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2. breezie

breezie Well-Known Member

Whatxare the 300 classes for sunday?

3. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

Mongo, has WERA ever done pre-reg paperwork and/or tech on friday evenings after the track day? CCS and LRRS series would do this from 5-7 on fridays. It would help the scramble saturday mornings for those who have 60-90 mins to get wait in line for paperwork, tech, and heated tires for practice group 1.

4. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

From my limited experience, they do it sometimes, but not at all events. I'm not sure how they determine that, but I think it's based on how busy/crowded the event is. At big events like at RA and Barber they've done reg and tech Friday evening.

DBConz likes this.
  5. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

my guess would be staff/equipment availability

6. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

That too. If they gotta travel far and can't make it there until late evening. Is it WERA's practice day on Friday or a track day org?

7. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

We could do 400 Superstock but that front straight doesn't do us any favors against the Ninja 400!

breezie likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

400 Superstock and then up to F2 is about it for National classes.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It would absolutely help and we try to for the consistently large events - however for the normal ones our officials are doing the same thing as most racers, working then traveling to be there Saturday.

Couple things on the 60-90 minutes - pre enter, get to registration early if you don't pre enter, get your warmers on your bike when you get up or get to the track (something else that should be pretty early too), then pop them off to run through tech and then put them back on. You'll also be in group one on Saturday about once every 5 rounds as I rotate the groups every event within a region.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Roebling is Stickboy.

11. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i did just notice that it was moved for RRR, thanks. i was pre-reg and was first in line for paperwork and tech. by the time i got my sticker, i had exactly an hour to get the warmers on, bellypan back on, suit up and go out for group 1. worked out for me, but felt like a scramble if i wasnt super early.

12. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

13. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some assorted things -

Roebling Road pre entry for both days ends at midnight tonight (Monday the 13th - and no I don't know what I didn't set the last dozen years events up like this either).

New procedures at tech - no more tech forms. Vortex and Bridgestone will have event forms to fill out and those can be turned in to tech or registration if you run their products. Everything else posted so far requires you to sign up online on their sites. We will just as a double check be marking down your bike number and ID number so as always remember to bring your entry form with you. Same old stuff with no belly pan on for tech and bring your helmet but no need to bring all your gear.

Not 100% sure yet if we'll have registration in the tech building or outside of the gate. That'll depend on the weather and the registrars tolerance of chilly mornings so we'll sort it out when we get there.

DBConz and ceebus like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Rance Taylor and Phl218 like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All of the results and points are on the website.

17. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

thank you for making last minute changes to get saturday completed:beer:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For Immediate Release

On March 19th in the Open Superstock race at Roebling Road Raceway, there was was an incident on the front straight involving an ambulance and two riders. The ambulance was leaving the track to transport an injured rider from an earlier incident. Due to a miscommunication between the ambulance driver and race officials the ambulance crossed in front of two motorcycles. Both riders did fall but walked away from the crash. WERA is investigating what led to this incident and will be instituting any necessary changes to prevent the same thing from happening in the future.

CharlieY, redhawkmoto and ungwaha like this.