1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Mar 19, 2023.

1. He already had a passenger so I assume he was not in the regular stationary spot and waiting to cross to transport the passenger.

Shocker and Michael Hausknecht like this.
  2. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Wow, scary video.

Coming from an aviation background I’ve learned humans are the weak link. There has to be procedures in place that (nearly) ensure the proper procedures are followed even if inexperienced personnel are involved.

Good thing no walls were involved. Glad the riders are apparently ok. I hope adults can address the cause and solutions, work with those involved, and it not turn into a legal nightmare. Only the lawyers win those.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
    Laz, 03RumbleBee and Gino230 like this.
  3. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

I legit got 1000's of laps there, craziest thing I have ever seen.
    The whole situation is terrible. Glad the riders are ok. I'm sure they will be made whole "buy someone" as far as the bikes and gear go.

Also I really hope WERA and Roebling are gonna be ok....

MELK-MAN likes this.
  4. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

+1

Aviation and security engineering are the only fields I've ever experienced that blame the procedure instead of the human. In every other field of work - medicine, construction, sales, manufacturing, you name it - every single time there's a fuckup, we say "you fucking idiot, how could you have fucked up? tell us so we can punish you." Whereas in aviation and security, we say "you poor idiot, how did you fuck up? tell us so we can make that's impossible in the future."

AJ, mglax13, SuddenBraking and 5 others like this.
  5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

This is completely off topic but not starting a new thread for this ..
    On Friday a guy with the first name of Hector driving an orange lambo pulled up to my house. I wasn’t home but he saw motorcycles in the drive way and spoke to my teammate Brad burns.
    He said he was leaving for Roebling .
    So Trying to find the other WERA racer who I guess lives right up the street from me and was at Roebling this weekend. Lol
    Pass on my info if someone knows “Hector”

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Wouldn't matter if Sean or Ev did that, the keyboard warriors were gonna lose their shit over it anyway

7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Unless AFM has changed procedures, they absolutely used to stop on track at red and run Ambulance immediately with all bikes stopped.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think he was one of the guys who came up with Seth Starnes - Hector Zuniga.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  9. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Thank you !
    Yes that is him he mentioned to Brad he knew Seth

10. Shenanigans

^this^
    See above post. It is always stationed between arm and track

Shocker likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure if Seth lives near you or not, hell, not sure where you are these days. I know you've said it but I'm old....

DucatiBomber likes this.
  12. Shenanigans

They all live in land of the blue hairs

rugbymook and DucatiBomber like this.
  13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Man this sucks to watch. Something similar happened to me at NJMP a few years back with AHRMA, the "experimental" electric bike that was supposed to pull off after 3 laps decided to try and make it to the end. I came out of that last corner full bore and he cut across the track with a dead battery- missed him by inches at 100+

I won't watch this one again because it reminds me of that and I'd rather just not think about it.

Thank God everyone is OK, and I'm sure new protocols will come out of this for the gate procedure at Roebling- so hopefully some good comes of it.

14. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Last I knew, Seth had a shop with Peter Essaff in Fort Lauderdale.

15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

What/who's event was this?

16. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

WERA round at Roebling...

17. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Per William Pendleton on the hard hitting journalism site - TDJU. Just reposting it here, I can't verify anything.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/530267977345614/permalink/1927021257670272/

18. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Circacee likes this.
  19. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Gorilla George and Sabre699 like this.
  20. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

All I know is, the calls for lawyers on social media are maddening. This was a huge near miss. As anyone who works in dangerous industries knows......either a procedure wasn't followed, there wasn't a procedure, or someone ignored the procedure.

Lawyers are no help at this point . If nobody was hurt, then the riders should have their damages repaid and the org should share what was learned and how it will be ensured this never happens again. Those things will best happen when lawyers stay out of it....

William Schneider, Laz, eka and 9 others like this.