1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Haha it would be. I'm going to do a school in the spring or early summer and then decide what I want.

2. I’m procrastinating at the moment to back bleed my clutch master on my Exc 300. Probably because I know once it’s done I’ll go for a ride for an hour or two and it’s only 47 at the moment and I’ll be too lazy to dress properly as my cold weather stuff is in my buddies trailer.

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Go ride, first. Geez.

4. I rode of course. Only took a good 10 minutes before the ejection button was engaged :) got a good 1:20 in which is ok for me considering I wasn’t planning on riding at all this week. Now a few of us are going out tomorrow afternoon for what sounds like an interesting exploration ride on about 700 acres of private land to see where the owner can have someone come in and cut some proper trails. He just bought 1100 acres in Dec so it’s like “we” bought 1100 acres. :)

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. fastfreddie

Where is all this acreage so readily available?

6. NeGa and wasn’t exactly “readily” available. 400 or so was his families land which he bought out his siblings once his parents passed and adjacent acreage were long time family friends. Their kids are “city folk” and seem more motivated by the cash than the land so he he made them very fair offers, more than the land is worth but he wanted it all connected. He has built a very successful business from the ground up and is a Ga boy through and through and wanted to ensure his kids have land like he grew up on if they so choose. He’s an extremely humble dude and great to be around.

Razr, TurboBlew and cBJr like this.
  7. fastfreddie

That's pretty awesome.

8. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I'm glad to hear about such a positive family outcome after the family elders passed on. When land or any other material goods are left to various family members, this type of amicable resolution is the exception to what usually happens. I've seen it in both my own family, (discussed and planned it all out years ahead of their failing health,) and with many other friend's family. One friend spent years paying off his sibling's portion of the family farm, only to have some of his siblings ask him for more money many years later, "because the land had increased significantly in value."
    Thanks for sharing this, @Canadian Bacon.

9. I sent this screen shot to him and he said “much appreciated and it was a chance for me to help others who haven’t been as blessed as I have but also it’s a solid 1090 acre time capsule. I want ma young-en’s to be able to ride their horses on one side but also rip trails leaving a big ole cloud of sweet 2 stroke smell big enough they smell it in heaven” not his exact words as we were chatting on the phone but like I said down to earth great dude.
    He did pay them a bit, not much but some over market and did that by design. His siblings are too good of people to look for a handout and he doesn’t flaunt his money so although they aren’t idiots his gift was somewhat indirect. My sister passed away in august on her 50th birthday. Her little spawns got to the point I had some “people” have a chat or two with them about asking my parents for my sisters “inheritance”. Fuck, I’ve never even heard that word be used because not quite sure what line of shit she fed them but I doubt my sister could even spell that word. Step dad was a line worker at Chrysler but made some risky but very wise investments in the 80’s (one of his prized possessions is a first edition signed Lee Iacocca biography, figure out the rest). Retired at 52 and they are doing well but not sure if they know I’ll be the executor of their estate, I told them my opinions on their will which they took most, as in I made it by myself and don’t need money, did with $1 in your bank account and donate the rest). My sister blew about 59 too May chances and she gets zero. I also get zero but by choice and whatever $ is there will go to good use for someone or if something bad happens to me.
    Alright time to go swap some carb jets and move the needle clip up one. Should have it done right in time to piss off my neighbors

10. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Having trails cut is simple, Call Eddie at SORCS and have him come put on a race there, he’ll pay a pretty sizable chunk of money and you’ll have a really nice 8 or so mile loop when it’s all said and done.

11. Won’t be that kind of property, once it’s all cut etc he will let pretty well anyone’s friends and family come ride but he doesn’t need the money nor would be want that many people out there. Part of a friend of ours business is clearing land like that, we are just trying to map out some natural landscape, etc because he will be getting the trails cut directly ie none of those damn small trees people will cut down to clear land and riding through those sucks balls, especially with leaves. Plus they aren’t too safe for some of the kids who are just out for a family ride. We are heading out in a bit. I threw a couple of my garmin fish finders on spare mounts and can securely attach one to my bike and just start marking way points until we can move enough to get sxs etc through it. There is also hunting spots, he wants to clear a couple camp spots or just hang out places, etc. pretty cool to get to be involved in this.
    And ya know you will get an invite in a few months when at least the general clearing is done Danny.

12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

13. Once a Wanker..

cBJr likes this.
  14. Once a Wanker..

Btw, it's an XCW-F. Anyone in NC here know it I can buy it with an NC title? I've already asked this question of whoever is manning the dealer's FB page, via private message. Yea, I could call them...

15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Mine is a XCF-W and I have a plate on it, but it was done in Indiana. I transferred to KY without any issue.

16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Once a Wanker.. and cBJr like this.
  17. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

There are many deals to be had on 'old' model ktm/husky/gas gas bikes right now.

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

And new ones too...lol $1500 in "free power parts"

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Oh man I love this. A single cylinder 4 stroke 500 cc bike discounted to around 8 grand is a great deal to so many of you. But yet on a another thread called ZX400 a bunch of beepers are complaining about a 400cc 4 cylinder, 16 valves, 2 cam shafts and a bunch of other stuff sucks because it retails for over 10k. Really WTF

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
  20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

The "You people" argument. For some reason, some people like to compare the statements made by group X to the statements made by group Y on here and use that to point out some apparent contradiction. As it turns out, they're not the same people. They are just individuals in two separate conversations.

scottn, TurboBlew and britx303 like this.