1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heartburn/Indigestion attack

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Mar 14, 2023.

1. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I cant remember when it started for my dad but in his mid to late 70's was when he had most of his painful episodes, I dont remember what foods triggered his body but I could see the pain on his face somedays.

Razr likes this.
  2. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member

I was misdiagnosed as having acid reflux/indigestion for almost 18 years and after multiple "attacks" thinking I may be checking out the pain was so bad, turns out the final one came Christmas eve 2017. MISERABLE night and Christmas morning I asked to go the the ER. They quickly confirmed I had many gallstones so my gallbladder was removed that very evening. They had been inside me so long the surgeon said they had oxidized... aka rusted... Zero issues since its removal! Good luck.

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Fakkk me! 26 hours later I had another attack while 30 minutes into a 6 hour flight. Was terrified that they would turn the plane around for a med emergency. This one wasn't as severe and only lasted 15 minutes or so. I was in biz so I put my seat down flat and put the blanket over my head so I could moan without anyone hearing me. Crisis averted.

Anyway... I've done the research on gallstones and I just don't think i fit the criteria. No family history. Diet, cholesterol, etc doesnt make sense. Symptoms are a bit different.

Hoping it goes way soon.

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Famotidine. Generic for Pepcid.

Available over the counter at Amazon.

5. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Might want to get a professional medical opinion if it wrecks you like that, the beebs knowledge runs deep, but sometimes you might want to have a doctor look at that. :D

motion and Razr like this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Plus, you get a finger up the bum. Who doesn’t like that?

motion and R1M370 like this.
  7. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Just hope the fingers are short and skinny :crackup:

8. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Gastroenteritis or GERD? Both can put you in a hurt locker!

motion likes this.
  9. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Healthy as an 18 year old on “the floor curled in a ball clutching my chest and moaning/screaming and fighting back tears”. Probably worth a professional opinion. Having said that, I had a series of really bad headaches and crazy high BP that eventually led me to the ER where I spent hours, got tested all to find nothing. I do have a lighter wallet though.

motion likes this.
  10. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

You came to the bbs because you were concerned. Looks like everyone agrees you need to schedule an appointment. (Arnold voice)Do it… DO IT NOW(/Arnold voice)

ChemGuy and motion like this.
  11. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Sounds just like my gall bladder attacks. Eat something, then in a while discomfort progressed into massive pain. I had it removed, no problem now. As to your self-diagnosis—No one in my family had this. Now hear this: If it ruptures it is extremely serious and you can die. Dude. See a doctor.

motion likes this.
  12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I really do appreciate the sentiment... I'm in Pakistan so its probably not gonna happen.

Today has been fine. No issues. Thinking about it, I'm wondering if it was food related. I spent 9 days at a remote Thailand island beach hotel and ate pretty much all my meals there. I did have some pretty heavy night sweats for most of that time, which is also unusual. Hoping once the food clears out I'll be fine.

LIKE and follow me for more medical advice :crackup:

Steak Travis likes this.
  13. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Hmmm, everyone saying go see a physician stat and you saying you hope it will be fine.

How do we grab you by the ear and make you go? Maybe not in Pakistan but when you return.

My mom had night sweats and let me tell you it did NOT end well:(

IF it is your gallbladder your attacks will come after you eat. Starving isn't an option.

Don't matter what, where and kind...the sludge and rocks don't have a time or place to get irritated. They just sit back and say watch this fool roll on the floor.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, since you don't want to go to a doctor, you should do the next big thing and travel with a small jar of dirt in your carry-on. Next time it happens, just rub some on it.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Men are dumb. That is all that I can contribute to this conversation that is remotely productive.

Go to the fucking doctor you idiot!

Jesus.

CBRRRRR999, ToofPic and Steak Travis like this.
  16. John Branch

John Branch 90125

My wife’s gallbladder went out years ago. One day at lunch I was sitting across from her, I said your eyes are yellow! We went to the er and she had emergency surgery! Dr said gallbladder fell apart as they removed it, said if we waited longer probably would’ve been fatal.

Razr likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Other options for pain that bad - kidneys stones and pancreatitis. Both of which can fuck you up permanently or kill you. Go see a doc. Quit being stupid.

CBRRRRR999 and jasonhise like this.
  18. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Pancreatitis will fuck you up so bad, you'd wish you had died.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, boss got it once.

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'm pretty happy that I overcame this fact and called about my eye Monday morning. I'm wearing an eyepatch because the floaters give me nausea. I can't imagine losing vision even in "just" one eye permanently. Fuck that.

Then again, given the symptoms, it's probably not your eyes. Heart, maybe. Nothing you can't do without while you play stubborn. :rolleyes:

Yzasserina likes this.