1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Feb 14, 2023.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

It’s all good man…….you told us you’d be busy for awhile. Good’nuff :beer:

27 likes this.
  2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

BTW, I've been there and done that, I won the SE region 1 year on my 600 Hurricane. I raced without the lowers so I didn't have to buy more expensive plastic. I have bashed with the best. So, you better stay off of my lawn, Punk!!!:Poke:

27 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

good stuff teach!
    Hope life back in the lower 48 are treating you well.

I like to think all that crazy riding back in the day was from lack of experience more than anything but maybe old school badgers like you were different :Poke:

I like most racers like good clean no contact race craft… but mistakes happen and that’s why we call them racing incidents I believe.

4. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Just watched the 200 again.JH was blowing the back out of more turns in the infield than he was clean.Listen to Pridmore,and "G-duck".just before the snow plow incident. Go back,watch,listen ,and please don't lick all of JH's ass,save some for later :Putter:
    I was all excited for a finish of a clean chess match,and some dude decided to just flip the whole table over.:(

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Who are you to judge a “clean corner”? That’s probably the best line for him to get through the corners…you set your own line depending on how your bike is handling.

rapidzrx likes this.
  6. ToofPic

For " me" ..a clean corner would be one that doesn't knock down the leader of the Daytona 200..but hey that's just me.
    And as stated by Pridmore he was blowing alot of corners before SLAMMMING ...into the leader..

cbush, AJ and R1Racer99 like this.
  7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Again, you set your own line through a corner depending on what your bike needs…and since neither you nor pridmore were riding his bike at that time, you have no clue what his line needed to be in each corner. And according to all of the stills posted above, he was in front at the time the collision occurred so in my book, the leader sets his line and it’s up to the following bike to adjust accordingly. That’s just my opinion based on my experience on the track.

8. ToofPic

Ok..

bergs likes this.
  9. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

How dare you listen to a guy like Pridmore, who has no racing pedigree or experience. :rolleyes:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Given neither Jason or Greg knew the rules for the 200 it does make every other opinion at least semi suspect :crackup:

Seriously though, neither is perfect and both are just watching a tv screen same as we all are, the difference is they have to say something about it, right or wrong.

Arioch likes this.
  11. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Hey Ken, who was that guy who ran the FJ600 with duct tape all over the body? He was right in that it provided some protection for the stock bodywork, but we suggested he might want to try and fall less...

27 likes this.
  12. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I don't know why everyone's so wound up about Herrin's pass...surely we all know that block passes are de rigueur in MX, and were not uncommon back in the day when I still raced. Granted it was assumed the passing rider was not supposed to make contact, but hey, it's a brave new world! Embrace the change! Just a suggestion for next year....how about including clubs, maces, etc., like Road Rash?

27 likes this.
  13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I don't remember his name, that was almost 40 years ago. My FJ was new off the showroom floor and I never crashed that bike, so it stayed nice and tidy. Probably the nicest race bike I ever owned. Those FJ races were some real meat grinders!!!

27 likes this.
  14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

We watched the race Sunday night after MA put it on YouTube.

Not judging JHs pass. But it should be shown as an example to every track day dork who bitches about no inside pass rules for the org they’re riding with.

“Here’s why we don’t allow it ya moron”

This years last 15 laps were the weirdest finish I’ve ever seen. All I got to say about it.

15. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Yep I remember....pushing, running wide, brake checks...lol
    Hell.. even the best that ever lived the golden idol to throw a leg over a motorcycle put his foot out and knocked marquez right off the racetrack...lol:crackup::crackup:

16. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

I characterized Herrin's pass as...surprising...for someone with his level of experience and it was kind of disappointing to watch the end result unfold.

I also don't see how Escalante had time to react to the freight train coming through but hopefully he's now learned to not leave holes anywhere that can fit another motorcycle through it.

IMO, racing incident

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

IMO Herrin's move was not smart. Yeah, it ended up pretty good for him, but what was the point of him making aggressive that move there? What did he hope to accomplish other than possibly punting Escalante off the track? Plenty of time left for relatively safe draft passes on the banking to figure out where you want to be for the run to the checkers. It wasn't like he was going to get away in the infield far enough to lose Escalante from the draft.

18. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I don't think Herrin meant to punt him, no different than the dozens of other times he's collided with someone. I do think he was trying to rattle Escalante, and again, I'll have anyone refer to Josh's history as a rider. Some racers get by simply through greater talent, and others need to stuff a guy. I'm not against inside passes...that's ridiculous. Do they really have those rules somewhere? But if you're passing inside, it's up to you as the passing rider to make it clean. Unless you're in motocross, where everything is acceptable now.

R1Racer99 and ToofPic like this.
  19. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

is that you casey stoner ?!

ToofPic likes this.
  20. We have something to say about it too, and every other damn thing. That’s why we are here :)