1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

For some levity, Phil, Jesse and I were going to find Cory West and sing "Oops I Did It Again". ;)

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think in this case it was more "damn those 750's are holding me up through the infield...oooohhhh there's a hole...coming through!" :crackup:

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I fixed it for you

4. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

FWIW, I really really REALLY hope that RE54 gets on terms with the spaceship bikes this year and brings the fuckin ruckus to Herrin. (and the others). I don't hate Herrin or anything, (I like them all TBH)

I will also come out and say I honestly didn't even think he was going to do all that well on the Graves/Honos ZX6R.. I think I even said it on this forum.

However, watching Richie those two years on that Kawi was so fun, he always looked like he was having an absolute blast, he was fast, and raced harder than anyone in the class. It will be quite the treat to see him that comfy on the big bikes. It looked like he was sorting it out by the end of '22.. Hopefully he can keep the progression going forward!

R1Racer99 likes this.
  5. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I believe if I understand it correctly. Paasch had 2 speeding penalties and Blake only had one.

6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Alright…. It’s well known that Herrin and I have a bit of… history… at least he didn’t run out of gas this year ;)

but if anyone thinks that Richie crashed because of anything other than his own fault then they are sadly mistaken…. He turned into a bike that was in front of him on the inside… he could have easily checked up and ran wide… obviously his brain and body didn’t do the right thing but it was all on him…

AAron har bark busters on his 600 before lever covers existed… all my bikes with me or others on them had paint and scrapes from good racing in AMA days…

Some of you would’ve parked and cried at the sighting lap of a 90s c class race…. Yeah yeah… get off my lawn… back in my day bla bla :crackup:

Gino230, Skter505, rapidzrx and 2 others like this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

you know it’s true Sean!!! Stock exhausts used as feelers and abs plastic crunching everywhere… then Sublet to deal with when it got rough… man… I miss it all!

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Picking up Hurricane ABS between races and practice sessions when it was chilly out :crackup:

27 likes this.
  10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I think some of it broke from the weather and bumps… hell Beasly was good glass back then!

still miss it

11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Jeremy McWilliams posted a video of his front tire that’s absolutely destroyed…said it was mounted backwards and he didn’t know how he didn’t crash. Unreal.

12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Yea, realized later that it was Danny. My buddy was one of the ones I think I mentioned earlier in this thread or maybe another thread who doesn't actually follow racing but goes to bike week and I talked him into attending the 200 so he doesn't know riders. He just said white bike and I thought in the glimpse I saw during replay it was Paasch but the RRW recap later confirmed it was Danny.

The tires thing was odd to me as well, purely from a safety standpoint. Granted I'm sure they know more than I do. But after adding 5 laps, an additional heat cycle, and Daytona's history of destroying tires at high speed... I just thought it was odd. But luckily it looks like no one had any such issues, at least not in that race that I'm aware of.

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Dude, the frequency with which he kept that zx6 tied in knots was astounding. Almost reminded me of Danny Eslick years ago, the way he looked constantly out of control but somehow stayed on his line and actually in control the whole time. Like the more out of shape the bike, the more indicative it was of his comfort level.

Trainwreck likes this.
  14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder- with multiple brands competing, did they all have asymmetrical construction?

15. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

No way,all the racers are supposed to go single file through the turns, and are not allowed to dive to the inside of the turns.

Once a Wanker.. and 27 like this.
  16. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

So, you are saying that Herrin successfully completed the pass on Escalante

ToofPic likes this.
  17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Pirelli fronts nope

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

yep, he was clearly leading him, with no contact even, when he turned into him… I can’t believe RE did it and can’t believe we’re talking about in any other way then a massive f up

19. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Yeah kinda odd, he wasn't aware towards the end of the race somebody was going to try and get past, after going that wide, l mean it's the D200 okay.
    I was even thinking does he have a hearing problem, that he wasn't aware.
    And also it looked like at first he stood up, why not just let him through,if you want to win you don't want to be in front anyway.

20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Then why did the stewards not see it the same way as you, since they gave Herrin a penalty? How can a pass be considered successfully completed if the rider being passed doesn't/ can't complete the turn without there being contact?

KneeDragger_c69 and ToofPic like this.