1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Hell yeah!! I hope they continue the trend when Kayla gets back on the bike

2. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

I think the Triumph is the real budget option. No need for the fly by wire kit and must run stock motor. Bodywork, suspension, exhaust, rearsets, go race. Really surprised ToBc is the only group running it. From my research the geo entry and frame isn't all that different than the 2013+ 675 so it's not like basic setup is completely unknown.

3. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

LOL. You do realize that when the real season starts, he won’t be the only one on the grid with a liter bike.

SundaySocial, Nathey and ToofPic like this.
  5. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

According to rule 1.25.c a time penalty assessed for a jump start is used to determine the grid position for the restart, not added to the end of the race. Why the difference?

6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  7. Knarf Legna

Thanks, some luck involved but the kid was flying, destroyed the infield section.

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

9. ToofPic

And I Pray! The rest of the field now knows they can stuff up the inside of the Rolex thief,and just claim the door was open! :)

notbostrom likes this.
  10. backbone

backbone scarred for life

The only thing Herrin did wrong was not raise his hand and say "SORRRYYYYY" afterward. That makes all passes fine :P

GixxerBlade, Peter Hively and ToofPic like this.
  11. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Because 1.25.c is the rule for a jump start, and 1.21.n.2 is the rule for speeding in the pit lane?

2. Any rider who exceeds the pit lane speed limit during a race will be penalized with a time penalty of at least fifteen (15) seconds which will be added to the results after the race.

https://americanmotorcyclist.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/2023-Daytona-Final-v2.28.23.pdf

The Todd likes this.
  12. Knarf Legna

I understand, that's what I said. Why the different treatment is the question.

13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

My simple question, since I am a simple guy, is this. Is it the responsibility of the rider making the pass to complete it cleanly? If the rider being passed makes contact with the passing rider and goes down because of it, was the pass completed cleanly?

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Done with the Daytona 200. It’s become such a joke.

15. ToofPic

That's the way I was taught,and I can honestly say I have never made contact with anyone that didn't lose their line first.
    Those times I was on the outside of riders that stood up into me. I never stuffed under someone and hit them let alone put them down.Guess I was doing it wrong? I just need to Shahddup I guess! Looking forward to a great season of racing and watching Gagne hand out ass whoopins!

The Todd likes this.
  16. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

I don't know why, I just know what it says. Two different rules for two different infractions with two different penalties applied two different ways.

Doesn't really matter why, what matters is that the participants read and understand the rulebook, and if anything is unclear they should seek clarification.

Ideally this should be done before the race! There would be a lot less wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Knarf Legna likes this.
  17. Knarf Legna

That goes for the announcers too they were not helping by giving out incorrect info. They could benefit by having a rules expert available on air as the NFL does.

18. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

BINGO! Lots of us get off on the wrong track when the announcers say something that they think they know because it used to be true.

New org, new rules, new year, special event, time once again for all of us to RTFRB.

19. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

To MotoA...you need help with rules:rolleyes: the lunacy must stop

To J Herrin...stuff move not cool (imo your not the D200 winner)

To R Escalante...learn to play opossum.

Richie, I know your mad and probably gutted but have a strategy next time. If you would have hung back and let Herrin do all the work at the front you we be in the winners circle (especially after he realized the 2 of you broke away)

83BSA and Banditracer like this.
  20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Because one is a performance advantage and the other is a safety issue. Apples and oranges and all that.

thunderalley3 and The Great One like this.