1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Supercross Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Once a Wanker.., Jan 5, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I really don’t know, all Scott said was he wandered in to the dealership after reading some stuff, watching some videos and going to the other brands shops and he was sold as soon as he sat on it and heard the deal on the 450.
    He said they had X in the warehouse and on the floor on Tuesday, he told his buddies, they tried it and they went in on Saturday and they were sold out completely.
    Had plenty of Kawasakis at full retail. :D

Senna likes this.
  2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

That's hilarious. I've always liked the yellow on the RMZ tbh. That and the Husky have always looked the best to me.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Remember, that was a month or three back. Right after the Roczen rumors started and I didn’t know who he was. :D

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I trawebs are saying Roczen’s contracts are that he would have made more for simply showing up in honder colors on Saturday and getting a top 10 than his entire year and the win on Saturday.
    Probably bullshit but that dude lost millions to ride for HeP for thousands. Fucking beasts!!!!!

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

That is very inaccurate.
    He lost the Honda ride because he rode the two WSX events. A bit bullshit, but Honda said his new deal was off the table if he went through with it.
    So he had zero chance of sitting around in Honda colors this year.
    He's personally sponsored by red bull, so him getting a ride with Kawasaki or Yamaha was next to nil unless he wanted to drop red bull or could get someone to build a secondary team with no monster money. KTM was full up, Gas Gas was a maybe.
    HEP had to create the second team without twisted tea for him. Yes, he's making far less this year, but it was his choice to race those two events. Cool that he stuck to his guns, but it's why he's not making much and had slim pickings for a team this year.

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

There's a cost associated with happiness.

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

8. Critter

Critter Registered

WTF Deegan? Is he the new Bam Bam Barcia? I think he is a bit too young to start smashing guys...it could be a long career if he keeps that up..The Lawrence boys race hard but don't do stupid shit like that

9. Well Smith didn’t help the situation much either, especially after I think the first Deegan move and Smith swerved towards him on that shirt chute. Either way I’m sure they both had a good talking to as it violates 1st rule of being on a team and not taking out your teammates. Looked to me like Smith was the cause of the straw that broke the camels back but regardless it should never have got to that point. They should be working together and they had about a 3.5s gap to 3rd but there was still 3:30 or so left in the heat so at that point there was no need for that style of passing in your teammate. With a lap or two to go… I say go for it but try to keep it below Barcia level. Teammates can still race each other hard but keep it clean, this just like two riders whose emotions took over. I’d be willing to bet there was so,e friction at some point leading up to this.
    End of the day Smith will be the one to lose out on this with Star / Yamaha, they have too much invested in Deegan and to be honest not knowing what their goals were for him at this point but he’s doing a lot better than I expected. The other twist of irony is now Deegan will get a bunch more social media revenue because of this as it seems to be all the mx world is talking about.
    I was close to running to the store, buying a 40 and pouring some out for AP- absolutely gutted for him.

ToofPic and cpettit like this.
  10. Critter

Critter Registered

The kid is too young to be riding like this, if you look at BAM BAM's career it has not been as good as his riding because he spends too much time smashing guys and not enough time racing forward...race hard but race clean and you will have better results..The AMA needs to fine him now so he does not think that's OK..It is not OK to wait for another rider on the track just to smash him....the GOAT said he was over the line...If R.C. says your over the line, then you probably need to be fined by the AMA...R.C. likes hard racing, but not dirty racing, when the KID waited for him that was over the line...Look Yamaha does not look great right now as it relates to the Deegans dating back to Loretta's....They really need to get themselves and this kid under control. You do not see the Jet and Hunter riding like this and they are winning races..

Bugslayer, Senna and ToofPic like this.
  11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I hope they all start racing the spoonfed one harder.

But that's all the effort I will spend on him. The real story is Plesinger. Should have had that first win, such a crazy way to crash getting pulled off in the rut.
    It was cool to see Chase get one and not have crash out, but it would have been really cool to see Plesinger win.

Senna, ToofPic and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  12. Don’t disagree in the least Critter, my post is in line with yours. This was way out of line as it wasn’t hard racing it was dirty racing. When RC starts saying wtf ya know it’s over the top ya know it’s bad. He has a lot of growing up to do because he is showing he has some talent he just needs to keep putting the whole package together. I actually think he will learn from these mistakes and continue to grow provided that there are repercussions that actually will have an impact on whatever he values out of the sport (no idea what drives the kid as some just want to win and if it came down to winning for $0 or getting 2nd for $100k they’d take the win). It gets interesting with Deegans because of all the social media revenue and I hope it’s not the case but he may see this as a good thing as I’m sure he will get a decent little blip up in social media revenue. Dad is smart enough to know as he has said it multiple times that you need to maximize your social media and get all the money you can because it may not last. Who knows but just an interesting aspect of the sport and revenue streams.

13. Let’s not mention AP anymore as I may start to tear up. I was so looking forward to his podium interview.

Bugslayer, ebastaard, Senna and 3 others like this.
  14. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+1

I thought the interview he gave was great! No way not to root for him going forward.

15. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I know I was, and it was already being discussed in our house what kind of crazy celebration move he might make, after he won.

I think thousands of fans were at least disappointed, if not upset, that Aaron experienced such a crazy get off. After all, standing up is considered to be the safest way to ride a dirt bike.

Senna and ToofPic like this.
  16. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

He earned even more fans last night for sure, Coop! He showed his raw emotions, and you could tell how hard it was for him not to break down.

17. Critter

Critter Registered

I am so an A.P. Fan Now.....Best interview in a long time....

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  18. Critter

Critter Registered

I think we are on the same page, it's just that I know his dad will not be much help here....You learn that from someone.....Social Media has it's place in racing and building value...BUT if you start trying to take people out and cross the line to get some views and media money, then I got a problem with that....

19. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Poor Plessinger!! My Gf was wanting to hug the tv,and our hearts were just broken for the poor guy.I had been waiting for Sexton to win,but not like that.And not a fan of having another bam,bam on the track with Deegan.And speaking of Bam,it was refreshing watching him try to clean out Sexton for a 3rd time unsuccessfully .2 times last weekend,and 1 last night,cost him places riding like that,and made me smile!! Sexton reminds me of one of those inflatable wacky flailing car lot inflatable tube men...Just keeps staying up! after bam bam slams

20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Ugh I really thought AP had it in the bag. Dude was schooling some big names before it went to shit.

That Deegan/Smith heat race shit was wild. Deegan is going to pull that shit on someone who is going to send him flying sooner or later. Hard to root for him after the bike claim BS and the advantage he has with his upbringing.

Bugslayer, brex and Critter like this.