1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Feb 14, 2023.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Dude he beat stanbolis B rider in a one off event. Dont worry, I doubt an attack bike sees Ducati tailpipe anymore this year :crackup:

2. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

baggers next! hopefully they got a restock of oil dry last night

Once a Wanker.. and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  3. redtailracing

I will say, Im not mad about cam. Because he really did unlap himself prior to the red. Now whether that was the reasoning, idk. Sounds like other riders were given back the lead lap as well. But I do think cam did deserve it in that sense.

Nathey likes this.
  4. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Cam unlapped himself before the red but I thought it wasnt before he crossed the line. Next time he probably won't take the chance he shouldn't have been hanging behind Herrin and should have passed him earlier, it looked like he had the speed.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

https://americanmotorcyclist.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/2023-Daytona-Final-v2.28.23.pdf

6. For the Daytona 200, the number of laps of the second race will be the number of laps required to complete the original race distance of fifty-seven (57) laps but shall not be less than ten (10) laps. Race Direction will have the final decision based on respecting schedules, circuit time constraints, weather, and any other extenuating circumstances.

tophyr, rafa, Nathey and 5 others like this.
  6. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

7. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

Guess what! He'll be on a V4

8. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

and your point is?

redtailracing and ToofPic like this.
  9. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Hypothetical questions:

a)Had there not been the red flag, would ol' bermshot have been issued the penalty? That sure would've changed things wouldn't it?

b) Did Richie's Dad offer to kick bermshot's ass after the race?

R1Racer99 and ToofPic like this.
  10. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Is Ritchie a little kid?

grapemustard likes this.
  11. Skter505

Depends, he had something like a 27 second lead if I remember right. Doubt they would give him a time penalty that stiff.

12. Skter505

How was Hobbs able to restart is another one I was wondering? Sure looked to me like he caused the red.

13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

That "Rolex stealer" would complain Richie's Dad had bigger fist's :D

Bardimus and Brad like this.
  14. redtailracing

um... what's your point? lol

15. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

No, but bermshot wasn't exactly a little kid when his dad offered it to Eslick at the Barber podium years ago.

ToofPic likes this.
  16. redtailracing

Friend of mine was watching from outside that corner and said Paasch actually punted Hobbs into the other rider. Not sure if that played into it or not.

Once a Wanker.. and Skter505 like this.
  17. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

There was no time penalty involved here, so what's that matter? They penalized this case with positions.

18. redtailracing

Man, I haven't been this gutted about a race result in a very long time. Just ugh. Fuckin blows.

Once a Wanker.. and ToofPic like this.
  19. Skter505

That makes sense and didn't really make it onto the replay

20. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

There is nothing in the rulebook about who caused the red. Hasn't been for years. Commentators and fans keep bringing it up for no reason.