1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZX400

Discussion in 'General' started by G Dawg, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just because you're faster in the corner and they're faster overall doesn't mean they're going as fast they can IN the corner. Corner speed is the max speed at apex, that is the fastest you're going at the supposed slowest part of the corner. Braking in and acceleration out will of course depend on many other factors than just bike size.

2. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Nope, that chassis rocks,, much like the Yamaha Deltabox.
    Factories made their biggest leaps of tech, chassis wise, in the 80's and early 90's.
    Yamaha still rocks a Deltabox design from like 1982;
    https://global.yamaha-motor.com/design_technology/technology/chassis_hulls/001/

Since then its been incremental in rigidness/flex, the BIG move to aluminum and the latest hydro formed deltabox III on R1/M1.

We have since regressed backwards, taking that design from aluminum to steel, most likely for production and costs.

All things equal..... who wouldn't race the aluminum chassis??

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I meant is the stuff you're swapping into the old chassis better than the old stuff

4. SpeedWerks Racing

O'yea, just the h.p. increase alone. to get near @80 outta the old one would take $6K++ .
    technology marches on...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  5. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

6. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Nice looking combustion chamber, valves and ports!

7. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

I thought the same

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Seeing as Graves seems to be taking a stab at these bikes, is there a suggested contact there to chat them up? I'm curious how deep they're going to go.

9. SpeedWerks Racing

Chuck and one of his guy's is here everyday;
    https://www.zx4rforum.com/members/chuck-graves.76/

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I posted on Graves FB page, which they liked. But no reply regarding dyno results .
    Last thing I saw they posted was them CCing the head.

11. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

These bikes will all be presold before the hp numbers are available for the USA model and what mods will get it even close to the 80hp (alleged anyway) of the Euro bike.
    Just a roll of the dice at the moment. And it has been a very long moment…

12. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

There is no Euro spec ZX4. There are Asian specs (Philippines and Indonesia). The Asian specs have less restrictions due to more relaxed regulations.

I believe it will make quite a bit more power in race trim. It will be a screaming little ripper once it's all race ready.

13. SpeedWerks Racing

euspec.JPG
    https://young-machine.com/2023/03/14/441350/

14. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

G Dawg likes this.
  15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I would love a modern 400 but I have no hope of Honda pulling their collective head out of their ass and bringing something to market other than the same ol' with BNG.

17. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

There was one in the Kawasaki tent at Daytona. Cool looking little bike!

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

19. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I'll be surprised if any showroom Ninja400rr anywhere in the world puts out more than 55-60 rear wheel horsepower.
    If it does make past 60 ( at the wheel!) Along with a decent amount of torque..I'd be impressed.
    And any kind of performance motorcycle for under $10,000 frankly that is kind of remarkable this day and age have to looking around a little bit there's really no competition it's in a class by itself....
    It's growing on me for that price
    Would I buy one probably not because I would much prefer an older 80s 90s retro superbike six ways to next Sunday but if somebody's looking for a brand new motorcycle something that you could swing a leg over and probably not have to worry about maintenance for 15 years hell yeah... It's nice to see an entry point bike what the hell else can anybody buy for $10,000 can't buy a car anymore.
    Back in the '80s you could buy a brand new Toyota pickup truck for $6999.99 a few thousand dollars less scored you a brand new GSXR 750.
    Now flagship sport bikes are 20 to 25 Grand with options and cars are 40 K..
    The world's gone crazy... So a sub $10,000 bike a sport bike at that that's capable....

pretty cool

Razr and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  20. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member