1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Supercross Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Once a Wanker.., Jan 5, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Not a huge fan of the triple crown format, but damn 450s has been good racing this season.

Hoping Tomac takes one more title, but wouldn't mind seeing Webb take it too. I like Sexton and will be a much bigger fan of his when Jett goes to 450. I'm just not a Jett fan.

PulpMX was saying the rumor is Webb is headed to Star, and Sexton is going to KTM. But Webb's performance may put a hindrance on things as the main selling point for KTM with Sexton was not sharing the limelight with Jett at Honda.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

cant see webb going back to Yamaha after his terrible first years on their 450. Although the bike has been developed a bunch since he left there. Sexton should stay at honda, he and Jett as teammates, could be an unbeatable combo. Better to have Jett a teammate, than fully against you. Ski

3. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I may end up having 4 premium Daytona SX grandstand ticket for sale, as one of my local Daytona friends may not be able to go now, after all.

G2G and Senna like this.
  4. Once a Wanker..

Sold all of my tickets now, and have people looking for more.

Anyone picking someone to de-throne the King of Daytona, Saturday night? Should be some epic racing, I'm saying!

Senna likes this.
  5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I'm excited for it! I don't think anyone will beat Tomac. If someone does, I think it'll be Webb. I have a feeling Sexton is going to want to crush Tomac here but will make a silly mistake and throw it away.

6. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

I am a Tomac fan, but worry that he hurt something in his minor crash last weekend - seemed odd that he went backwards after rejoining. Hopefully I am wrong...

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I think the dirt was just really slick last weekend and those who went forward (didn't fall) were just a bit more comfortable and lucky than the others. You'll know for sure if he's hurt tomorrow night! :D

Once a Wanker.. and Letitsnow like this.
  8. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

DF14 Had a big off at press day today

Curious to see how Hampshire does on 450. Always gotta cheer for him. Raced with his dad back in the days

9. Once a Wanker..

I thought that after he fell at another earlier SX this year, when he did the same thing. I believe the team is exceptionally skilled a communicating where he needs to be to him, and he 'manages' the remaining laps to do just what's necessary.
    Those last two spots he lost in the 3rd 'race' of the triple crown did no change his overall position for the night.

Eli's tactical and analytical skills are unmatched, in my opinion. I believe his Dad's influence and coaching throughout his life has helped Eli to excel with these skills, as well as keeping his private life private.

Letitsnow likes this.
  10. skidooboy

not if you look passed the past two seasons... crumbled under pressure, over rode the bike and or track. cost him A LOT of championships, inside and out. he is a great rider, no doubt, and has upped his game since coming to Yamaha but, he isnt known for having the most Supercross wins without a championship, for nothing. Ski

11. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

It took him a while to get his mind right. That's what was so frustrating about his early days in the big class, but all props to him for where he is now.

12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Stewart has more wins and the same number of SX titles.
    We could get into the bullshitass points system prior to 2018 (and team orders) that handed Dungy a couple titles for being the slowest SX champion of all time, but the past is the past.

Now Chase is in that same position Eli was in. I would love see Chase jump to Star, where they let riders make more decisions on their bike setup. He is trying to get his head straight, but there is something with the front end of the bike that he isn't able to gel with. Getting out of Kawasaki hell and into Star Yamaha was the best thing that happened for Eli's career. He was OK with the Honda, but made the jump to Kawasaki. Not sure that was the best move for him. He should have stayed red and gotten the factory ride there, then go to Star.
    But Chase needs a change for sure.

13. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Solid round. What happened with Webb getting passed in the 450 main, he mistime his line?

14. eggfooyoung

Probably had his ears tucked up in his helmet and couldn't hear Eli coming.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Check your damn inbox…

16. eggfooyoung

I did ho...

17. eggfooyoung

But shit, I got interrupted. I'll watch it now.

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Hit a neutral into the face of a smaller jump, lost all momentum. Eli was coming anyway, but it made the pass super easy.

19. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

He also got off those green bikes. I think that is as much of the improvement as anything else. Clicked another gear once he got away from Kawasaki, one way or another.

20. skidooboy

Yeah because they were a pile to begin with, RV2 never won anything on them either (insert MASSIVE sarcasm). LMAO! Ski