1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a partner to race a few LW rounds

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Booger, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I’m looking to start up a team, probably on a 2G SV650. I’ll have the bike, so what I need is another rider. I’m not sure I’ll be able to do the early rounds, but plan to do PIRC, Summit, and Barber.

Me: middle-age guy that hasn’t raced in a few years, and wasn’t all that fast when I did. Bigger guy at 6’2” 225. I race out of Maryland.

I’m a newbie at endurance and want to take this effort seriously, but not so seriously that I dump a ton of money and blood into it. I need to be able to get up and go to work on Monday.

I want to have fun while being part of a team, and hopefully learn and get faster and more competitive as we go.

Hit me up if this sounds like an adventure you wanna embark on with me!

evakat likes this.
  2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Check out the Relay class. Might be an easier way to jump into endurance racing.

3. CleverRiver6

CleverRiver6 Well-Known Member

Possibly me. Waiting to see what my team mate is going to be doing

4. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I’m not sure relay is what I want to do, but I’ll keep it as an option.

Thanks for the input.

5. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Sure thing, hit me up if you wanna chat.

6. tempestm

tempestm Well-Known Member

Pretty good chance of calling out on Monday, if the endurance racing is on Sunday (and driving 5-10hrs each way).

7. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Endurance racing on the small bikes is a lot fun. And two hours goes by quickly, so don't let that be reason to not race by yourself.

Last year at Road Atlanta was my first-ever endurance race, running solo on my 400 in the LW 2hr. That was on a Saturday. It wasn't planned but after Friday's track day, I wanted more track time to justify the long drive back home. I'm pretty sure I was the only rider running solo and a solid top-10 till I had issues. Dropped to 13.

The small bikes can get in pretty deep while braking. That was the most memorable part of racing the bike. Whether you run solo or not, just pace yourself. If you do run solo, plan ahead to bring a friend or make one. It helps esp on the hotter days. Make sure your bike has fresh tires and fresh brake pads. My tires were okay but I burned through my used brake pads without realizing it.

8. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Races are almost always on Saturday. Road Atlanta this year is on Friday.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

None of them are on Sunday.

10. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I could be interested in a relay endurance round or two... or three...
    I am in central PA.

CleverRiver6 likes this.
  11. Mike McFarland

Mike McFarland Well-Known Member

I’d be interested in riding with you .. I’m at Thrace in the wall by the Pitt row red Cajun nation flag red Zx6 see the tent .. or you can text or call me 8329780945

12. Mike McFarland

Mike McFarland Well-Known Member

Typo I’m at track by the pit row wall on the far end where you exit out on the track

13. drewthere

drewthere Well-Known Member

What is this relay race you speak of?

14. joec

joec brace yourself

an sv is a little bike for kevin!

15. joec

joec brace yourself

it sounds fun. if i was still in full bore id sign up in a minute. thought out settings minght be a little different. :crackup:

16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Relay class is each rider can ride their own bike, any size, and just swap the transponder from bike to bike.