1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 WERA MotoGP Fantasy League

Discussion in 'General' started by vfrket, Nov 13, 2022.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

1) congrats on the third one on the way - that’s really amazing!
    2) stop being a bitch and send your money to Dave.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  2. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Forgot to click the "watch thread" button so I get notifications. Just sent you the money @dsapsis

BigBird likes this.
  3. 72westie

72westie Well-Known Member

Money sent.

BigBird likes this.
  4. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

We going to have the free version again on the motogp site?

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Papa organizes that game as a group. Note the rules for that game are very different than the game we play here, which is based on the old motogp.com fantasy game they discontinued in 2019

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I anticipate this summer will be worse than last for paying attention to the races and picks etc, but I should be in again for a donation. Will send funds by horse messenger soon.

backbone and BigBird like this.
  7. dsapsis

Players so far:
    motorkas
    Sudowoodo
    BigBird
    IronCatcus
    redtailracing
    SuddenBraking
    sbk1198
    vfrket
    gsxr100
    72westie
    dsapsis
    DaveWolfe

Rules:
    A website controlled by login credential assigned to you is accessed for placing selections. Each week you select the top 15 finishers in what you think is the order they will finish. Position finishes mimic actual championship points (25 for 1st, 20 for second, and so forth all the way down to 1 pt for 15th). Your game score is the lower score of where you placed them or where they actually finish. Pick Fabio for 1st and he finishes 3rd, you get 16 points for that selection. Pick Marc for 5th and he finishes 1st, you get 11 points. Race totals are based on your scores for all 15 points positions you select. A perfect race score is 140 points. Depending on the race, typical good scores are in the 90-100 range, but they can vary from 70s to 110's or so. I think the highest score we have seen in the last few years was a 123. Some players who lose interest and stop making race selections* often score <60.

Payouts go to the individual race winner where the payout is roughly one-third of the pot split over the number of races. Final championship payouts divvy up the remaining two-thirds of the pot 80/15/5% for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the final points standings. Ties split effective winnings. All payouts go out at the end of the season. 5 bucks of every buy-in goes to Jeremy for supporting the software (this DOES NOT cover professional wages for this, but is more a token of appreciation.) I also run a side-fun competition for the best "take-out-the-piss" post/comment about a player as a means of keeping the banter up/add to the fun. The winner is selected by me, and they get a beer package over the winter.

* Picks are saved and carry over. If you do not make a selection whatever your last saved selections are remain in effect. This has been instituted due to individual difficulty in accessing the internet over the course of the season or just getting too busy to make picks or whatever. Its not a good strategy to win.

There you have it. First race in three weeks tiiiiiiiiiime.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Thanks for volunteering my services! :crackup:

9. dsapsis

Happy to help. :D

10. dsapsis

Bump. Currently sitting at 12 players (half the total of the last two years). First race in ~2 weeks.

11. sbk1198

Come on people, get in on this!!

12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

To hell with more players, maybe with only 12 I can break the top 10. I keed I keed. Bring it on!

13. dsapsis

Weekend bump for new interest.

ALSO AND THIS IS IMPORTANT:

If you are a new player you need to send me the email address you wish to use for game login.
    If you are returning player and wish to use a different email address for playing, you need to send me that address.

<So much for non-word usage>

14. dsapsis

Bump -- last call for new players.

Again -- for everyone playing this year, I need to report over to @jksoft the login email lists for each of you.
    If you played last year and want to use the same email, I think your login credentials will still work.
    If you are new or want to change your registration address, I need that address. You can use PM to relay it to me.

I would expect by sometime next week we will want everyone testing their access.

K-Go.

15. Dan Dubeau

16. dsapsis

Is that a middle finger, Dan? :D
    Current list of players

motorkas
    Sudowoodo
    BigBird
    IronCatcus
    redtailracing
    SuddenBraking
    sbk1198
    vfrket
    gsxr100
    72westie
    dsapsis
    DaveWolfe
    DanDubeau

17. Dan Dubeau

You're #1 Dave! :D

SuddenBraking likes this.
  18. sbk1198

This is somewhat disappointing...wonder what drove people away. I was expecting to see more people join each year, not less.

BigBird likes this.
  19. Dan Dubeau

Dave put everybody off with his victory speech?
    [​IMG]

I almost didn't do it because I barely had time for it last year. Kids are older and with summer sports, camping, work etc it was tough to keep track of. This year will probably be the same/worse, but what the hell. This at least somewhat keeps me interested in Motogp, so in a way it forces me to pay attention and keep a pinky toe still financially invested in racing. If my donation helps someone buy a set of tires......

BigBird, vfrket and Phl218 like this.
  20. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

@dsapsis count me in again too. I'll shoot you the payment this weekend.

I have been away from here since the end of GP until the D200. Not riding anymore, this just ends up being where I geek out with other race nerds. Fucking happy it's racing time again!

BigBird and Yzasserina like this.