1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZX400

Discussion in 'General' started by G Dawg, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I understand this, if the rules still allow a 400 4 cylinder bike.
    It's not just about corner speed, but more about the lap time potentials of a bike, when it comes to you deciding where you allow a bike to race, correct?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What else is there on the market right now to compare them to?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, the D Classes are still built essentially around a 400cc 4 cylinder.

Overall yes, it's about the overall potential not how good it is in any specific area. Although FWIW the whole corner speed things is more myth than reality. A 125 isn't cornering quicker than bigger bikes, it just doesn't have to slow as much from it's entry speed :D The cornering vs straight-line speed issue is much more rider based than bike based. A fast rider is going through a corner just as fast on a 600 as they are a 1000 or an SV or whatever. Probably even faster on the larger tires.

4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Nothing. And I think that’s the point. We shouldn’t be judging this bike by the parameters of other classes when it’s clearly a class of its own. I like it, I just don’t like the price. I was holding out on a new bike for this one but I think I’m going with an R7.

gixxerboy55 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

P*ssy. :p

6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

What makes you say that? Lol

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Your lack of willingness to risk homelessness for the right bike.

cortezmachine and britx303 like this.
  8. britx303

Choosing an r7 over the sweet little 400 screamer! :D P*ssy.

9. britx303

EXACTLY!!!!!!! :crackup:

10. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Before the FZR400 was available, and before the clubman class was added, RD250's and large cc singles were the most common bikes raced in D Production and D Superbike classes.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, although Clubman really morphed out of F3 when the 125's got too fast. And don't forget the RZ350 just before the and during the FZR era.

12. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

That doesnt seem the case. If I had to guess, I would say they probably would be able to carry the same corner speed, but squaring off the corner is faster if you have the horsepower to drive out.
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=10153312818390769

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nonsense.

Motorcycles didn’t exist before then. Right @Gorilla George?

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. six6two

six6two AWD

Frame looks just like the other 300’s… dogshyte.

I’d prefer a $1500 FZR400.. all day!

SpeedWerks Racing likes this.
  15. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Besides having a better power band,the R7 comes with a 180

16. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I hear you but finding a $1,500 fcr 400 in decent shape is like me finding an rz350 for that same price.

It is not going to happen

However I must admit however obviously I am nuts about an rz350 I would pay for that ninja 400 RR long long long long long before I ever bought another rz350 being that they are going for between 10 to 15,000 now .

I had one when they were new and ever since but I don't see it as that kind of a motorcycle and I couldn't give a rat's ass about collecting or collector's values.
    Their motorcycles they're not investments .
    I have over $10,000 in my current RZ but I like things modified I like things modified so much it hurts the value of them LOL like I said before you can buy any race bike that cost thousands upon thousands of dollars to build for pennies on the dollar the classifieds here are rife with them

17. britx303

Can’t wait til total loss’s start popping up…….I’ve got a spare FZR frame :p……..yeah, just what I need :cool::D

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  18. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Lol ... I'd be fun to do an RZ/ Cheetah transplant into one...
    Steel frame makes it something I can do in my own garage then I would just have to send the bike out to have pipes built...

Hoping a lot of people buy these LOL :D:offtopic:

19. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

upload_2023-3-1_17-57-21.png

Once a Wanker.., britx303 and G Dawg like this.
  20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Other than FI and factory QS, you think it'll be any better than the old stuff?