1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA 2023 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 29, 2022.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

apparently its a three person team and the one mystery rider is in a different class.

assjuice cyrus and koth442 like this.
  2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Where did you read or hear that?

3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Well the motoamerica paddock is full of secrets that pretty much everyone talks about so he probably heard it from a friend of a friend or someone saw them testing :crackup:

4. grasshopper

I'm pretty sure Henry's info all comes from social media. He basically just regurgitates it to the beeb. I was just wondering where he saw that posted. Basically "Please Cite Source"

5. henry_carlson

insties

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  6. grasshopper

that narrows it down. Thank you so much

7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Kaleb's instagram. In Henry's defense, he's posted screenshots of Kaleb's insta in this thread, about this subject before so it's not some big mystery.

malamute and koth442 like this.
  8. henry_carlson

my bad man I didnt realize what you were after, here you go. ezra also reposted alpha and he had another story of the bike that has since expired. they are all using the #ocr / #orangecatracing tag too. unfortunately they dont have anything except a website that isnt finished https://www.orangecatracing.com/

Attached Files:

grasshopper and BC like this.
  9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Memory is bit fuzzy - Alpha is the group that builds WSBK (or maybe it was World Endurance?) spec BMWs and provided the Tytlers team with their bikes last year? Help me out here.

10. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Yes, any of us can call/email alpha and order a BMW to whatever spec we desire. I’ve actually kicked around doing it, the stk1000 build seems fairly reasonable at $28k.

rafa likes this.
  11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Keep doing what your doing Henry, most of us appreciate it!

12. henry_carlson

Yessir, they are the motoraaaaand official technical partner. If was also stated by Cam on Gregs pod that the Tytlers team is also getting 23's from Alpha.

koth442 likes this.
  13. grasshopper

For the record I do appreciate it. Henry is usually on it with sharing the press releases. I just wanted the source specifically cited and he did that. All good.

malamute likes this.
  14. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Yup.

Alpha gets partial bikes directly from BMW and builds them into race bikes, so they can get pretty good pricing on the race bikes since there isnt a bunch of stuff they take off and throw out.
    They are the vendor for most of the race parts for BMW too, if you want race electronics you get from them, not from BMW direct.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Those BMWs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kirk erlinger and The Great One like this.
  16. henry_carlson

17. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

koth442, Trainwreck and R1Racer99 like this.
  18. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

That Hooligan series is cool. I wish they'd have more rounds. Glad to see Fong back on a bike too, dude ain't scared of shit.

koth442 likes this.
  19. grasshopper

I hope that class sticks around. I may build one. If anything if you build a cool one it's good for some club racing and trackdays.

koth442 likes this.
  20. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

2023 Rider entry list are out, doesn't seem like you can get them direct off MA you have to google them.
    https://www.motoamerica.com/wp-content/2023 Entry List/Season Entries/Junior.pdf
    Side note- 16 riders signed up for the JC season...not sure what number NATC would have made it a go with but imagine somewhere near that? AHRMA SOT4 (400SS) last weekend had 35 bikes...that has to be the biggest little bike grid in the country.