1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do in Austin TX?

Discussion in 'General' started by socalrider, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Buccees does have great food for a gas station. It's a mix of a truck stop with no truckers and a cracker barrel. Weird place but good for race supplies and decent fuel pricing.

2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Buccees is fantastic. Your Walmart has a gas station? Our gas station has a walmart.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I wish they had a walmart level store but it's way more cracker baarrel

backbone likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It’s cool but it ain’t no Wawa.

5. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Not sure about Buccees gas quality. After filling up at Buccees and driving back from Barber towing a trailer it seemed like my MPGs were down. Filled up again with a quality gas and MPGs immediately returned to normal. Was about a 2 mpg difference.

backbone likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It is a weird joint, they don't sell Pepsi products - which normally I totally support because well, Coke is better - but that means no Diet Dew and that is just not cool.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's odd, they get theirs from one of the same 2 or 3 suppliers as everyone else. Can't see how their chosen additives would matter any. Thenn again, I could see it if one has more ethanol due to a seasonal blend or the like.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think I’ve been to a buccees maybe three times, twice with the kid. She found a bunch of shit for tournaments that she had to have but was still in the car a day after we got home. Almost too much shit there.
    Never noticed the Pepsi thing since I haven’t bought much of their products well ever really.
    Wawa is more focused and I git ma’ shit and get out. A bull, some smokes, a sandwich, a bottle of fancy smancy water and some mints.
    Texas does have the two good burger places, that’s something for them to shoot guns into the air like Yosemite Sam.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've become a big fan of Sheetz. All the normal fuel stop stuff and decent burritos for breakfast with a spare for lunch at the track. Can even order on the app so you go grab your cups of coffee and no waiting on the food.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sheetz is my number two. Really, the two are almost interchangeable for me. Just depends on where I am and usually which has less soccer/ hockey/ lax moms in the lot.

11. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Rainey Street > 6th street
    Franklins BBQ > Terry Blacks > everything else
    Steiner's ranch for a nice steak

Phl218 and tophyr like this.
  12. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Tratoria Lissina not too far away in Driftwood for a nice dinner.

No idea about the Buccees gas in general, I just know I got weasel piss.

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Buc-ee’s Beaver Nuggets FTW! :)

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Addictive goodness :D

15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

How is the salt lick one? It seems to be further out of town so maybe not as crowded?

16. Revival Cycles is hosting their Gearhead Sunday from 9-12 at their shop. Lockhart for BBQ!

17. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Beaver tail

18. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Now I’m gonna have to drive 25 miles

19. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Franklin's is overrated. It is good, but there are a million other places that are just as good without the 8 hour wait.
    And don't go near dirty 6th if you like to remain alive.

20. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the best gas station food is Kwik Trip. Found out about them when I moved to Wisconsin. Don't confuse them with QT thats down south