1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Feb 14, 2023.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

We are just over 3 weeks out. Predictions? Entry List?

I looked on the MA site and don't see an entry list yet but maybe someone has access to that and cares to share?

Let's get the 2023 race season started!

Hopefully the weather gods play fair.

KneeDragger_c69 and voss555 like this.
  2. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Entries close in 2 days, I assume the entry list will be out soon after that

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Stoked to get the season kicked off. Have loved watching the 200 the past couple years.

03RumbleBee and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Does Paasch have a ride and a shot at a threepeat?

5. grasshopper

The rumor mill points towards another 2023 effort by TOBC. Will Paasch and Eslick be the dynamic duo again? Will Eslick and Herrin run out of gas again? Only time will tell.

6. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

7. Blackbeener

Blackbeener Well-Known Member

JH4

SundaySocial and ducnut like this.
  8. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Don't think I've watched a 200 complete since 2004, when Mladin ..baited Spies into thinking leading was a good thing..we saw that coming a miles away .
    But seriously what was once America's premier race and one of the premier races of the world being reduced to 600 CC bikes..No thanks ZZzzzzzzzzzzz
    Many say "Oh you've missed some great racing " yeah sure. . no kidding.. but you can put 70 guys on Briggs & Stratton powered mini bikes and also watch great racing.
    It's just not the same without the proper machinery..

9. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

I once posted the same on fb and received a tongue lashing from an ulrich...

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Shame... it's still a good race and event, just not has popular as it use to be but then again, roadracing has taken a dump in many years now.

I would encourage you to watch it and anyone else on here. Gotz to encourage the sport ;)
    That and maybe send me some positive vibes while I'm on track too... Don't want a repeat of last year ! :oops:

Schedule Daytona 200 2023

11. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link!

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  12. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

evakat and cBJr like this.
  13. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

How many Triumphs will we see in the field this year? Probably Paasch and Eslick with TOBC. Really hope someone gives Fonger and Beaubier a ride.

Also, possibly DiBrino on the MV Augusta.

I also saw Joe Roberts riding an R6 recently on his Instagram. Could he be running it prior to heading over to Portimao?

Will also be interesting to see what MA does with GSXR 750s at Daytona since they don't have any data there yet for them.

14. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

I will be watching it live from the track cheering on everyone that put in the effort to be here and put a bike on track!!

KneeDragger_c69 and 5axis like this.
  15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Doesn't watch the race for 20 years...
    Proceeds to talk about how shitty it is. Fuck outta here.

I'm sure everything was so much better back in your day right? Couldn't possibly be you're too damn stubborn, old, and bullheaded to be able to keep up with progression. You sound just like half the kids I work with who love having opinions about shit they know fuckall about.

16. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Premier race should have the premier bikes. The 24 hours of LeMans does not just have LMP3 cars in it. The Daytona 500 is not run with the Trucks. The Indy 500 is not run with Formula Atlantic cars.......

17. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

The tire tech couldn't ever catch or match the big cc H.P. Tech.
    'Almost' got a few people killed... Dunno how they would hold up today....

18. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Exactly. What do people not understand about the safety aspect here. Modern superbikes would be shredding the lefts of tires so bad. They'd have to make so many stops that it's probably be faster to be on a 600 as anyway.

redtailracing likes this.
  19. grasshopper

Plus let's say they did have the tire tech to hold together on the high banks. How many SB teams would actually do it? Shit... we have a skeleton grid already in the "premier class". What's more entertaining? 20 competitive middleweights going at it or 5 superbikes?

What is the horsepower difference between the 600/750s today compared to the 1000s in the early 2000s?

20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Watching 2 guys run away and lap the field back in the day sucked. Yeah the bikes were better but the racing was usually trash. Except for Yates with the drop kick, That was one of motorcycle racings all time great moments.