1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

You got it…but that’s only gonna happen if/when I get the call that my Daytona is in.

2. worthless

Pictures don’t do it justice, but it’s also not for everyone. It’s very bulky and heavy. I’m sure it’s ok for some, just not for me for an every day watch.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I love the deep sea, the face doesn’t do it for me. :(

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

You need to just buy a Tudor and be done with.

Long live the penis hand!!!

Jedb likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nah, I’ll end up with a Panerai gmt and a big pilot and be done.

but I boner up up over the pilot chrono but that. . F it, I’m an IWC cult member. :D

6. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

RE: explorer 16570 polar

Was there a difference in value for the tritium bezel and non tritium bezel years ?

There's a guy on Ebay with a pretty sweet one, polar face, box/papers and says it's the "swiss" only one.

This is all new to me, just want to make sure I don't get burned

7. worthless

I don’t know anything about tritium or non tritium or ‘Swiss only’, but I think the 6570 is the 40mm variant vs the newer models being 42s.

8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Presumably you meant dial, since the bezel has no loom.

Tritium was around until the 90s, and will eventually turn that creamy color we all love. Swiss only just refers to the text at the bottom of the dial. Some only say "Swiss", and some say "Swiss made". It's just another reason for Rolex nerds to act like their watch is special.

I love explorers and sometimes wish I'd have bought the old one. I have the 216570 which is 42mm, and I kind of like the smaller case.

tony 340 likes this.
  9. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Is 7200 with box and papers a fair offer ?

10. ChemGuy

IN this market...probably yes.

The 16570 had 3 dials. 1st was tritium and is marked as such t<25, then they switched in ~1998 to luminova for ~18 months and those are the "swiss only" dials. Made 1998-1999. Then when they switched to super luminova the dials were "swiss made".

So out of 22years of production of the 16570 (1989-2011) the swiss only dials were made for less than 2 years. I dont think they really command a premium, yet. But there was a time when red subs and other dial variants werent any more expensive than other similar watches. So if the 16570 ever gets "hot" the swiss only dials is the rarest. Also it should be a U or A serial number for a swiss only dial.

Enjoy.

Mine says hello...

[​IMG]

tony 340 likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Damn, Dan, you’re one of them? A Rolex nerd? Yeap, you are! :D

NERD!!!!!

12. ChemGuy

I prefer the term Rolex Dork.

And suckit PAM Geek. :Poke::Poke:

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I used to nerd out on GMTs and to a lesser extent, Subs but got into Panerais for a few years and then, IWCs but now, I like around 10 or 15 watch models (various brands) and don’t branch out much anymore.

14. ChemGuy

Oh I hear you.
    I like GMT's, Omegas, Daytonas, Nomos, Seikos, etc. But the 16570 Polar was always "the one" for me. Perfect size, classic design, clean white face looks good in the yard or the boardroom..

Probably next on the list for me would be an original Seamaster 300 (CK2913 or 165.024). And that would be the end of my uber expensive watches.

Maybe.
    :D

15. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I have that exact model. I don't wear it much. I inherited it from my FIL. I need to get it appraised. I’ve no idea what it’s worth.

16. ChemGuy

tree fiddy. Ill paypal you. whats the address????

:D

sharkattack likes this.
  17. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Who has the good deals on Hamiltons these days?

18. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Jomashop does if you don't mind buying online.

motoboy likes this.
  19. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

They are out of stock on the one I want.

20. ChemGuy

What are you looking for? I have a lightly worn hammy diver I will be selling as I am wearing my Explorer almost exclusively these days.

motoboy likes this.