1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Speaking of which, I scored today. Kinda like when you find $20 in your pants pocket in the laundry.

I like to run this fluted ammo in the EDCs.

2DB9ACA1-A08F-4FCC-877B-2A0414531AD3.jpeg

I thought I was running low, and I knew I needed to prove the X-Macro with my preferred defensive round, so I ordered 10 boxes.

I was prepping my stuff for the range tomorrow and ran across 2 boxes of 500 rounds each that I didn’t know I had. Don’t even remember ordering them.

46BBFB19-6430-40FE-A3A5-36EAB65B920F.jpeg

:clap:

Razr and RonR like this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

AKA Japanese Philips ammo

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Are those screwdrivers available in the infamous 3' Magnum?

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

What?? No Talons?

fastfreddie likes this.
  5. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Definitely in the hunt as far as what I've been looking for. I like all of the stuff that comes with it.

6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I’m running their controlled chaos in the 223 and it’s very effective. Like kinda gruesome effective

7. I put 300+ rounds through the P365 X-Macro with the Boresight Solutions grip module.

Here is the X-Macro (left) compared to the P365XL.

039262CC-B28C-4ED2-B99B-F7CD8265DAA3.jpeg

XL on top:

E6754537-20E7-4574-BF4C-2F28CB2ED6CD.jpeg

The XL has the Romeo Zero optic, X-Macro has the Holosun 507K.

Length and width wise they are identical. The difference is that the X-Macro has a little shorter barrel, which allowed for the built-in Slide Compensator.

Height wise, with the extended mag in the XL, it is a tad longer.

The interesting part is even with the extended mag on the XL, the X-Macro has a higher capacity, while being a touch shorter.

XL = 15+1
    X-Macro = 17+1

On the X-Macro you can install an optic while retaining the Rear Sight; on the XL you lose the Rear Sight with the optic.

A big difference is the Rail. You can install pretty much anything on the X-Macro, vs only proprietary shit on the XL.

I shot them back to back with all kinds of different ammo. The Compensator on the X-Macro does make a difference. It is flatter shooting. But you’d have to be in tune with your guns to notice it; it isn’t like going from a Hellcat to a Staccato. But it is a noticeable difference. Follow up shots are quicker on the X-Macro.

The Boresight grip module is longer (front of back) and includes the large “hump” on the backstrap (it comes with 2 smaller backstraps if someone doesn’t like the hump).

But I like it. That hump accentuates the beavertail, let’s me really bury my hand up high, and increases the distance from the end of the gun to the trigger. I have big hands so for me that makes a big difference. The reach to the trigger is better on the X-Macro (with the Boresight grip, with largest backstrap) vs the XL with the stock grip.

On the X-Macro, when holding the gun with my index finger extended in the safe position, the tip of my finger is even with the end of the trigger guard. On the XL, the tip of my finger is about 1/2” past the trigger guard.

End result is on the X-Macro, my finger falls right onto the trigger with less effort.

With all of that being said, would I suggest buying the X-Macro if you are happy with your P365XL? Probably not. And yes, I know that is exactly what I just did. :crackup:

It does shoot flatter, but not SO much better to make that one characteristic worth replacing the XL. However, when you add in the higher capacity and the standard rail, it might be enough to warrant someone making the swap.

It really just depends on how bad someone wants that standard rail.

Photo, Razr and Saiyan66 like this.
  8. Tristan

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the rebate deals on S&W's lately. Seems like a couple years ago the Shield 9mm was *the* CC of choice, now nobody mentions them. My local store has the M&P 15-22 rifle for $370 after rebate, that's a lot of fun per $$.

9. Tristan

I have the weirdest boner right now...

Razr and Gorilla George like this.
  10. I also picked up the Dagger at the same time and put a couple hundred rounds through it.

I like that the slide is cut for the Trijicon RMR.

55D9DA68-582E-4A19-9E6C-9314C4E0371E.jpeg

I reckon the best way to describe it is “I like it”. That’s really about it.

I can’t remember what it cost, but I don’t think it was very expensive. So when you look at the features (custom slide, threaded barrel, optic ready, and 10 magazines), it is a very good deal.

It is a “solid” gun. I can’t say the trigger is amazing, and I can’t say it shoots awesome. But it is a good gun, especially when you factor the cost vs features.

But in fairness, I shot it between shooting 2 of my Caniks (4” METE and Rival), so I kinda set it up for failure. There was no way it was going to impress me when shooting it with those, especially the Rival.

But when comparing it to something like a base P320 or G17, it is a very good gun, especially considering what you get for the money. I mean, who ships a gun with 10 magazines? That’s awesome.

The only obvious flaw that jumped out at me is the grip is very smooth. But a Talon grip will fix that.

britx303 likes this.
  11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

:crackup:
    Perv...

I think I'd want the XL slide on the X-Macro frame. Can you interchange uppers? (Have no idea if either fit my hand).
    Why, you might ask? I love dots, but don't see a need for sights at close ranges...too slow. I've been thinking of removing the sights on my 1991 for a lot longer time than people have been puttin' dots on their handguns. Now that people are machining mounts for dots right into the slide, it may be time.

12. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Great info on the P365 XL vs Macro, Chris. For the P365 XL, I'm going the have the slide and barrel ported by Magnaport. $175 and a 1 week turnaround sounds pretty good.

[​IMG]
    That should give it an edge over the X Macro, which only has the ported slide. I can't do an actual comp, as it would end up stabbing me in the junk with appendix carry, and by most accounts, a ported barrel/slide combo results in less muzzle rise compared to a threaded comp. I just watched a Tier 1 Concealed video where they did some testing, including using a comp AND a ported barrel and slide. That thing seemed to shoot as flat as a BB gun :D

13. With the Foxtrot-2 light mounted.

110AE579-83E5-4C75-B956-CC9C772805C5.jpeg

At first I thought it stuck out far and seemed big for an EDC. But it works perfectly in the IWB holster from Sig specifically for the X-Macro and Foxtrot combo.

76AE6B73-A76E-4ED5-9382-F03E913B3932.jpeg

And it is very adjustable. It is setup so my index finger can rest right at it and easily turn it on/off if needed.

I gotta say, that fucking thing is BRIGHT for a weapon mounted light. It is easily the brightest weapon light I’ve ever seen, much brighter than even the full sized OLIGHT ones mounted on carbines.

14. I actually don’t even need the holster from Sig. This setup works perfect in my normal EDC rig (the weightlifting type belt thing we’ve talked about before).

Which is great, because this rig is comfortable as shit. I hardly know I’m wearing anything, when when driving.

59CB243D-B6D0-4E10-9875-1F79AB97B1B8.jpeg

15. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Yikes on that holster, unless it has a hidden kydex trigger guard in there.

16. Just when I think I go all Broome on shit Broome shows up and shows me what going Broome really is. Told you you’d like the macro. Shot 60 rounds through mine yesterday as I wanted to try some new ammo I got, 3D printed grip based off 3D scans made from hand formed / molded grip of my hand on the gun (nice to have access to all that shit), trigger that pretty much only fits my hand and the way I shoot (which purists yell at me for but years of hockey fights and broken fingers and knuckles limit you at times- plus it gives me a chance to add some Ti to a gun :), plus did my usual disassembly, high magnification inspection, deburring and polishing anything that needed it- which was more on this gun than any Sig I’ve owned.
    I’m going to try a different sight this weekend and want to get better lighting and laser for it. It holsters great currently and won’t be an issue with what I’ll add to it. Where I live and when I feel I’d ever need it most having that stuff just makes me sleep better. I’m in the woods a lot at night alone and not to mention my house is prime if someone was dumb enough to try to go on my property and steal some shit. Like a lot of other small towns we have a huge meth and opioid addicted population here and living in the “nice” hood it would be a place I’d go steal shit if I was a piece of shit. If the wirey meth head f’ers did avoid my 16 security cameras throughout my woods (I coyote hunt like I’m playing battle ship and you haven’t lived until you can use two cameras that are modified to have two way speaker corded to a coyote call that you can play through an app ;-) they have a pretty bad day if they make it as far as my house. Since I have an ar10 secure (I have kids) but accessible very quick while walking out to my deck on case a yote comes that far I think a meth head would not be an issue. But ya never know;

can y’all tell I’m procrastinating to do the shit I need to get done today?

17. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

That’s a lot more words but I think that is pretty much what I said :crackup:

How do you like the stipple job compared to the grip tape on your XL?

18. Eh, I’ve heard that before. But it’s double-layered thick leather. There is the holster part, then a space, then another layer over the top of that.

I can’t press on it from the outside and manipulate the trigger even if I intentionally wanted to (I tried it one time at the outdoor range when nobody was there).

Before I actually started wearing it, I took it to the range and kept it pointed down range, and in the holster, and tried to manipulate the trigger from the outside. Even when trying to press my finger in there to make it fire, I couldn’t.

So if I can’t make it fire in the holster when trying to, the chances of accidental discharge are very slim.

19. :D

I don’t actually. I still added grip tape on the Boresight grip module.

I like an aggressive texture.

20. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Damn! What do you put on it? I’m probably going to send him my PDP while waiting on a holster for it but I’m open to trying something before shipping a gun across the country.