1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C8 Corvette Reveal

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Jul 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. BigBird

BigBird blah

I've learned to like them too, I've also gotten used to the new M3 grille....watching those M3 wagons on MotoGP...those things are what I really want.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Anyone close to Asheville nc that's a decent mechanic want to make a few bucks installing a borla exhaust on a c8?:D

BigBird likes this.
  3. keithnewton

keithnewton Member

Try Mig's Automotive 828-237-3131 migsautomotivel.com they are a mobile mechanic. Excellent people.

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Hmm, seems like a pretty nice overall addition to the lineup for GM. I wonder if the hybrid setup is "in house" or a licensed battery/power unit. Either way, pretty neat.

BigBird likes this.
  6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm really digging this school of thought.....and if someone were to drop a turbo or supercharger into the rear engine you'd have one helluva monster on your hands. 1000'ish AWD HP.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That's the upcoming Zora version.

9. According to friends at GM this is the “base” hybrid, they have a variety of mules running around, some with more than double electric power as this model, and so on. They are still waiting on overall fleet epa numbers for 25, some further validation on various combos to come up with a final combination but a buddy high up on that team said it will be spectacular. In perspective he said they did a “good job” on the C8 ZO6 so I don’t take his words lightly. Was supposed to meet him down in Daytona as he hooked me up with all the GM hospitality stuff and viewing from their suite but need to be around home this weekend.

10. Urus has not grown on me at all, Broome’s car looks 10x better. I can appreciate the Urus just don’t like the looks.

Gorilla George and ducnut like this.
  11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

My FIL took delivery of his C8 last week. He loves it so far. I’ll take it out and see when I go to Florida in a month or so and judge for myself lol. I passed on his 19 C7 so he just traded it in. Kinda feel like I should have bought it just to drive a bit and flip but that hurricane Ian got my play money all tied up until everything is fixed down there. Bummer cause I could have had it for about $45k. Would have been a great summer in some jean shorts and white sneakers.

Canadian Bacon and ducnut like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Same with the AlumaDuty Ford pickups.

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

We are rapidly building a world no one wants to repair or maintain.

ducnut and BigBird like this.
  16. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

That's assuming you can even find employees to do the tasks, even if you have a business that wants to do them.

All the shops I service in Detroit area are hiring, good starting pay also

Keep in mind now, you have 2 generations of people in the US where it was cheaper to buy new shit than to fix.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yup...

"going green" won't be very green when you have giant lots of junked battery powered cars that are more expensive to fix than to toss out.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sounds like owning a Range Rover, sell it when the warranty expires.

19. EPA is working on “circularity” requirements and drafts have already been sent to manufacturers. Being in the appliance industry it’s coming as well.
    What it “basically” is is say fridge has an expected life of 10 years (there are establish guidelines and it’s all calculated for your carbon footprint so example EPA says after 12 years foam in a fridge is considered landfill so ya get dinged for that, etc and you have to be under a certain number) and at 10 years you buy a kit that replaces X, Y and Z and it will last another 10. Blah blah.
    What’s funny is coming from automotive fuel systems you only have to meet requirements for 10yrs/150k miles but that test is done on a rig and most OEM’s only run 100k vehicle level. We are at a point where everything has been engineered to get to that 100k mark plus some safety margin to keep the cost in line, which I 100% agree with. recycle what you can out of them, which is A LOT in a modern combustion engine vehicle and keep the cycle of new ones coming. It’s going to be hard with automobiles as safety standards will be the bigger issue to address than the vehicle staying running.

20. 6 months / 15k min before it expires. JLR is most f’ed up company I’ve worked with, I’d never ever buy any of their products. FCA is second on the list but JLR makes them look like Toyota they are so bad.