1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZX400

Discussion in 'General' started by G Dawg, Feb 1, 2023.

1. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. SpeedWerks Racing

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2023/february/kawasaki-zx4r-2024

The 399cc, DOHC, four-cylinder engine is bolted to the same steel trellis frame that’s used on the ZX-25R, with identical body panels and graphics, making the two bikes hard to tell apart at a glance. The most notable difference is the addition of a second front disc brake to the ZX-4R, which has twin, 290mm stoppers with radial calipers, assisted by a single 220mm disc at the back. Harder to spot is the wider rear tyre, up from 150/60-17 to 160/60-17. The front is a 120/70-17. Even the base version has Showa SFF-BP forks, although you have to step up to the SE or RR to get preload adjustment on them, and only the RR gets the Showa BFRC-lite rear shock. A quickshifter is optional on the base model and standard on the higher-spec versions.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Good news that bike needs a 120/70 & 160/60 set up!

5. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

Thats my thought too. In my race org, CRA MN, it would be in the lightweight class competing against the SV650, R7, RS660s, and Kramers.. We have quite a few Kramers in our club, so I dont think its gonna do well here. Maybe in LW SS where the Kramer isnt allowed. If it does come out at around 70 HP, thats about the same power and weight as an R7, so it will be interesting to see how the different power curve compares.

6. SpeedWerks Racing

Now the BAD NEWS; USA Dealers are getting one (May Del) with possibility of reordering only 1 more (Oct Del) Unless you're some big ass midwest dealer maybe another.

Now the REALLY BAD NEWS, USA model has a Democratic ECU with 10 less h.p. than the Euro version..... Graves is working on a flash now... We ordered one anyway, Fukit

7. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

MSRP for '22's was only $10,499 - teeny price adjustment of $500 gets you there.

8. SpeedWerks Racing

Orders opened today,,,

9. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Having had a 75 400f,I was a little excited about this bike, but the numbers don't look that great

CB400f wet weight 407
    Gsxr 600 curb weight 412
    Kawasaki ZX400rr curb weight 415

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

My 400 Bandit weighs 355 in race trim, took 15 lbs. of street stuff off it, I weighed the pile.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Which pile?

tgold, Motofun352, cu260r6 and 7 others like this.
  12. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

It should own D Superstock and, if built sufficiently, it should threaten the Kramers in D-Super. Should do ok in Formula 2. It isn't legal for Clubman.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:moon::moon:

HPPT likes this.
  14. gixxerboy55

The 600 has larger components, so in race trim it should be lighter.

15. gixxerboy55

I am sure the bike will do well in it's class, and will be fun to ride, but sure wish it was lighter.

boxcrash likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Like what? Bigger headlights? :)

I would think that the stuff that's bigger is actually what stays, no?

17. gixxerboy55

Wouldn't the exhaust be larger on the 600 so by going to aftermarket full exhaust you would lose more weight.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was actually the only part I could think of that might be larger on the 600 and come off in race trim.

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Sorry- I knew it was one of those classes with like 3 people in it

20. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

.......annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd this is why killer bikes like this die in this country. :rolleyes:

Almost nothing but negative responses...and not a single one of you have actually seen one or done a single thing to one. 10 years from now..same people wishing they made a killer 4cy 400. :moon:

boxcrash, stk0308, SBKBee and 2 others like this.