1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divorce help - God Damn Epidemic

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sounds like you did a smart thing to me. My wife's AMG has had zero problems and 55k miles, but we have done brakes twice I think, but would have to look at records. And 3 sets of rears and 2 sets of fronts or vice versa? In reality, I'm not into that car, so whatever makes her happy. It is nice to look at and probably quicker than my lotus in a straight line, but it doesn't get me excited.

Like you are now, I have been daily driving an inexpensive car, and then finally after 17 years bought a cool car. However, now I'm thinking I may buy a shitbox salvage Lotus Elise to daily for awhile, while I'm still young enough to do it, but who knows?

I like the Corolla GR, but if they get that much out of it, I won't be playing.

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

They're on the website now. The base one ends up being like $38k. If I was SERIOUS about modding it foreal, the wheels and seats and steering wheel wouldn't matter on it compared to the others since I'd be replacing them anyways. It doesn't have the cool rear bumper or spoiler or hood (which is the one thing I really like that looks rad as shit). The middle one is $45k that has the hood and shit. The top one ends up at like $50k and has the carbon roof and no rear seats and they did something with the tune to eek out another 25lb. ft. of torque. I am waiting to see a $30k markup on the top one when it first comes out. Seriously I bet my brother on seeing an $80k sticker or not. For $35k and no markup hype BS and 2 years old under a normal market (meaning $28-30k?) I might have been a player. Brand new, I'm also not playing in the $40's or above for a Corolla.

The dealer I got my SE from had a $5k markup on the sticker, making it $29k. I straight said to the manager verbatim when he asked what I thought, "if you take this bullshit $5k gouging nonsense off, I'll buy this car right now, if not don't even bother having a discussion. That is totally ridiculous." It took him 2 seconds to decide and didn't even try to fight me at all, but they're (mostly) still doing it even though inventories are returning and I imagine if you're an idiot, you'd be paying some of it still. One other dealer near me is ONLY selling at MSRP and they had a waiting list like 10 deep of the next deliveries already reserved for hatchbacks. But if they're doing $5k on a MSRP of $23.9k, I can only imagine what they'll do on a GR that's "extra special."

I've been of the opinion that I will NEVER buy a new car. Like literally ever, no matter how much I make, and under normal circumstances I'd let somebody else always take the first 2 year depreciation hit, but Corolla resale is totally nuts still. SE's for $25k with 25k miles, I saw a 2020 with 35k miles that had dents and scratches for $23k. Used XSE's for over $30-32k when MSRP on those is like $27k. So I figured what the hell...

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. Boman Forklift

I agree, I’ve never paid over MSRP, but if I were buying a new GT2/3/4 Porsche, I would.

Yea it is crazy how you can sometimes buy a new car for less than a used one.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Glad he found out shes unreasonable after just a few years.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Nope...don't do it. That's why they keep getting more expensive. People just keep sucking it up and paying whatever they are asking.

tl1098, Phl218 and sdg like this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Well, unfortunately, there is no worry of me buying something that expensive that I don't need anytime soon. Need to buckle down and make sure whatever happens in the economy, is a storm I can weather. I bought 24 forklifts out of the automotive plant in Alabama that we are reconditioning, so until I start selling or renting those, that depleted a lot of my cash.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

1,449 days…

Attached Files:

BigBird, A. Barrister, beac83 and 4 others like this.
  9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

[​IMG]

brex and pickled egg like this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Right click. Save. :D

11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Glad it's over for You!!

beac83 and StaccatoFan like this.
  12. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

If yours is anything like mine and you share kids, its never over.

DmanSlam likes this.
  13. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Another 11 days and it would have been an even 4 yrs.

Congrats!!!!

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You outta Shawshank?

Well, ish, anyway?

Congrats, man. Stop putting yer Willie in crazy.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Must have done something right. Court yesterday, judge had 90 days to file an order, 26 hours later it’s in my email.

R1M370, BigBird, A. Barrister and 3 others like this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Congrats Egg.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

And in 10 days I celebrate my 40th. My son wants to go camping that weekend and I told him I couldn't go because it's our anniversary. She overheard and said go if you want.

I think she's a keeper :D

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Congrats.....Your marriage sounds similar to mine. She doesn't like motorcycles, racing, and listens to country music, I'm happy.

rd400racer likes this.
  20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

sounds like a trap....

BigBird and rd400racer like this.