1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA 2023 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 29, 2022.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Just looked at the shows info :
    Susan Luci on Go For Red For Women
    Woman In Sports Day with teenage female motocross racer .
    And the RRW article lists her as being 15.

henry_carlson likes this.
  2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

:crackup:I'm sorry Kyle, that triggers flashbacks of Team Pepsi Suzuki! Except that you're a MUCH better rider than Terry.

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

And yet, no mention of "Torpedo", so who needs to get out more? :D

As I have told JBraun now of OB, he needs to hit up Poma's Deli. It's proper, and a full stop better than any chain form.

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Torpedos are from which region?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I swear they just modify normal things to make themselves sound goofy in Cali :crackup:

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think Torpedo is like baby squirrels. You hear of them but who has actually seen one in the wild? Lol

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

BTW - yes I know it's supposed to be from the Northeast but I've never heard that one.

Did have hoagies growing up in Cincy, and Heros, and finally subs once Subway happened.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Y'all got Wawa?

ungwaha likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Neither up there or in GA.

I see them on the road every so often.

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Shit I forgot about Heros too.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure if these are elsewhere but one Cincy hoagy/hoagie thing is the steak hoagies use a long oval ground beef patty the shape/size of the bun. Usually at Italian places with tomato sauce and provolone or mozz. People add onions and peppers and maters to them as preferred.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Like a hamburger steak but on a bun? That actually sounds pretty alright.
    Hmm, might be good with a Demi glacé and sautéed moooshrooms and onions.

what’s that weird sandwich the southern/ south west Germans eat? It’s a breaded pattie of ground meat on a hard roll? Served cold.

14. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Let me educate you because it may be you who may need to get out more. ;)

North of Trenton is influenced by New York. They are Yankees, Mets, Rangers, Nicks and Giants fans. South of Trenton is Philly influenced, they are Phillies, Flyers, Phillies and Eagles fans. Point Pleasant is below Trenton. Down here it's a hoagie.

If you don't believe me next time you're in the area roll up to any hoagie shop in Philly or South Jersey and ask for a grinder or a sub. Depending on where you stopped you may be told to GTFOOH.

Oh, and it's "wid". Whatever you do don't make that even more serious mistake.

Shenanigans likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey Frank, where do you stand on the sauce versus gravy debate? :D

16. Knarf Legna

That's easy. Gravy on Sunday, otherwise sauce. :)

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Does living 40 minutes from Philly and visiting the Pirelli warehouse in Jersey all of the time count?

18. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Man, I've ben swamped at work so I missed a bunch in this thread... I thought it was pretty damn cool for Kyle and Dave to offer up some small bites of the ins and outs of trying to do it as an owner/rider. I'm a fan of basically anyone that will grid up and ride to their best. However, there's just something different about rooting for the underdogs. It's inspirational to see people putting their entire heart and soul into trying to achieve their goals.

I always wanted to be in the paddock. Either as a racer, or a bike/team/owner. I got lucky and was gifted in the skilled trades.. So life has come easier for me as an adult than a lot of people I know.. I ain't rich, but money ain't a problem, (it's only an issue lol) But I won't lie and tell anyone I think I could do what these guys do. It's hard as hell. I run my own small shop on the side, and just the amount of bullshit sidebar stuff I do as far as taxes, budgeting, making sure I use money appropriately is exhausting, and I don't even have any employees. It's just me takin in work "when I feel like it"

Watching Kyle, Dave, Flinders, and so many others go through the absolute grind makes you WANT them to have success.

I'd be stoked to be a mid pack Superbike racer, and not end up deep in the red every year. Shit, I'm on the moon when I beat my PB in A Class club races. LOL

19. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Pennsylvania we call them hoagies... or subs...

20. Knarf Legna

Not really. :)

Screenshot_20230131-162055.png

kirk erlinger likes this.