1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid dirt bike question

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Is there a form of dirt bike riding that involves a track, but doesn’t require jumping to bone crunching heights? Not woods riding.

Kind of like a giant pee wee track- maybe with a few tabletops and some whoops? Asking for a friend. Lol

ToofPic and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mini dirty track? Mini supermoto? Might be a beginners course at the local off road playground.

3. We have a place not far from me called Durhamtown that’s a big facility and has various tracks.

ToofPic and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  4. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

look for grass track or natural terrain MX events. There were still a few of these around as recently as 2012 in my area.

dave3593, ToofPic and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Turn tracks

Senna and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  6. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

AHRMA tracks are usually natural terrain. Talking Rock Arena was a pretty friendly track, last time my daughter and I were there. They recently hosted a Yamaha Demo Days there, with the new YZ's. I've heard great things about former racer Paul Wright's Highland Park Resort riding park and KTM World dealership, but haven't made the trek over there yet. Also haven't been to Iron Mountain and Whissenhunt OHV Trails, up near Dahlonega, GA.

ToofPic likes this.
  7. I am up in NeGa, frequent those places when I have time.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Whissenhunt is not that great plus you have to deal with sxs and trails are not directional

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Highland park has many options. Yes woods riding but you have the option of just doing laps on the perimeter trails. Think of those as easy, fast, without alot of jumps. They change elevation alot but no tight trees.

KNickers and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  10. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Intermediate or vet track is what you want. Small table tops and no jumps that are double or die sort of things.

Once a Wanker.. and Gino230 like this.
  11. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

What state is that in. Thanks

12. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I thought Durham Town was closed due to lawsuit on kid that died on freestyle ramp?
    I loved that place.We ran the harescramble series down there for a few years.

13. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

This.

All of our tracks locally here in South Cal have a Vet track with table tops and jumps that won't kill you (most of the time).

ToofPic likes this.
  14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I believe it reopened under a new name

DmanSlam and ToofPic like this.
  15. ToofPic

What state are you in.
    I see several outdoor tracks with nice rollers in states I've traveled through. There's one off hwy 101,I believe below San Francisco going north
    It's a sweet looking track
    Probably novice to intermediate.
    I've ridden Monster mnt.in Alabama a loooong time ago as part of the hs course.It didn't seem too bad even though I ate shit on it and couldn't remember my name.
    Depending on where you are,you should be able to find a rider friendly outdoor track

16. ToofPic

Ga

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Highland Park is outside of cedartown ga about a 1/2 hour from my old Pirelli office in Rome

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Yes
    Not a bad layout just a bit too flat and way too many side by sides and Karens driving them

19. It closed, someone bought it and re-opened it. Liability for failure to pay etc was attached to old owner

ToofPic likes this.
  20. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Most all modern mx tracks are set up with table tops. risk is small, jump further when comfortable until you can clear it. avoid all national and supercross layouts. they are the do or die obstacles. many places have multiple tracks, and you may be able to ride the beginner track for awhile if you explain your situation, and dont act like a douche to the kids on the track. then when you have it covered, head to the main track.

Woods riding is where it is at though! :D yes, I understand it can be un-nevering to be that close to trees but, it teaches you A LOT! slow gets smooth, smooth is fast. Ski