1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats your side hustle

Discussion in 'General' started by sanee, Jan 28, 2023.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Started doing draft beer systems service/repair/installation last November, couple mornings a week.
    Bikes, bullets and guns money, so far.

2. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I have a few black walnut trees in my yard so I am experimenting with propagation of them just for something to fuck with in winter and give to customers as gifts.

The wood is very valuable and in the meantime they bring in deer like clockwork.

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I don't have a "side" hustle yet. I have a job, with almost unlimited overtime that will make me more money than any other side hustle I could do in that time with my skill set. I do have a decent amount of side hobbies that sucks dollars out of my wallet faster than the job puts them in there though.... Occasionally the garage shop might generate some income, but it's more accidental than intentional. I just like making stuff, for fun, learning new things, and building new equipment. When I start charging money for it, it sucks the fun out of it.

Wife's side hustle is dyeing yarn. Nerdy math based self striping yarn. I help her with that sometimes be being dumb labour, or designing/building machines to wind/warp the yarn. Or secondary shit like making mini coat hangers for the mini sweater kits she sells.......
    [​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  4. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I buy old motorcycles that I intend to fix up. For some reason, I never get rid of them.

Wait, is that why my side hustle doesn't make any money?

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Why would Uccio want you to bash Mladin?

BigBird and cha0s#242 like this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If you aren't charging them rent you are.

7. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I don't ask questions I just take the money!

pickled egg likes this.
  8. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

We have a rental property that is biding its time before the lot gets redeveloped. And I’m on city council…the money is definitely part time even if the time suck borders on full time.

9. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

Ive been intrigued by the hazardous waste biz. Do you get the same calls for say clean ups on crime scene clean up stuff?

10. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

what intrigued you getting in to this and is this your own shop?

11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Man puts kegerator in basement/garage. Enjoys having nice draft beer on tap at home. Wife says "if you think you're just going to sit there and drink beer and watch sports all the time because you have beer on tap now, you're dreaming". Man puts add on market place offering services, to come check and service other mans draft system, so that he can escape the house, and go drink beer at another dudes place without the nagging. Appointments are scheduled for when customers Wife unit is at work, so both men can enjoy some brews in relative quietness. "sorry honey, I gotta stay home today. The beer guy is coming to check and purge the lines".

13. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Chippendale model

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Antique circuit?

BigBird likes this.
  15. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

Back in the racing day, I sold HRC and Yamaha race parts I sourced from Japan as well as chinesium tire warmers. (those cost me money though in refunds :()

Now I do the occasionly dirt works job on my CTL (skidsteer) and buy resell crap from industrial auctions.

Next up, have a plan to build a little forest yurt in our back yard we will rent out on weekends ABNB style for some side coin.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Jumbo package.

R Acree likes this.
  17. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I do custom silksreening on the side. We specialize in short run and smaller quantities than the larger shops around. This doesn't pay the bills but that is more because we tend to give our services away lately to cancer fundraiser. There are way too many of those around here.

18. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

haha sometimes its just that easy :)

19. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

My side hustle was selling tires. Then my dayjob got eliminated, now tires are my dayjob.

I get calls sometimes to do odd work. Last month I I put wifi in two buildings at a solar farm near Dallas. TX. Then I put wifi in a huge warehouse. 6 units, 4 in the rafters 50+' up. Driving a lift around that high up can be fun. This place had automatic lights that didn't recognize me being up there. The whole place would go dark. Then a unit out by the loading dock to cover the yard. Next, was a back up unit on the roof of a place in Arkansas and one in Alabama. The Alabama one was just over 100 steps to the roof. I stopped counting on the 5th trip. Me and a friend did all that in 5 days round trip from SC.

My friend Shawn got me out to AZ to work at the Arenacross event. That was a good time.

Basically, during the off season, or slow weeks, I can do what ever. Give me a call.

20. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Plasma donation. It's not for everyone but it pays pretty decent for the time invested. And it helps someone out that has health issues and needs the plasma.

BigBird and Triple X like this.