1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by koth442, Jul 30, 2022.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

GG dropped a video about his Jerez test.

cBJr, hotnail, henry_carlson and 4 others like this.
  3. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Baz having fund with leathers.... and said GG is FaF !!!

fine-d.jpg

4. koth442

That's great news!

And I find those leathers amusing.

cbush likes this.
  5. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I'm hoping Baz and GG get on really well with each other. I really like both of their racing styles and they both have great attitudes.

koth442 and cbush like this.
  6. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Day one test.
    26FFD011-98DC-44C2-A580-7CD5EADEA542.jpeg

Rance Taylor likes this.
  7. koth442

GG already in front of Baz and MVDM That's promising!

Also, STFU about "it's only testing" let me live my dream for at least a week!

malamute and henry_carlson like this.
  8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Pretty close to Redding too.
    Whats the deal with Lowes being on a "STK" bike?

9. koth442

They can't afford him crashing a full blown superbike this early in the season.

malamute likes this.
  10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Danillo up front fast

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  11. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

What's w/ Rea top 5 with the slowest trap speed?

12. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I think he prolly just piggy-backed the test while prepping for the Moto2 season. Per the FIM rules:

c) Rider Training and Track Familiarisation is permitted at any time at any circuit under the following conditions:
    i) Such on-track activity is not permitted within the 14 days before a GP event at a circuit unless authorised by Race Direction.
    ii) For motorcycles of the same capacity class as the rider is entered in, only standard production road-homologated motorcycles may be used. For safety it is permitted to make the following changes, which must be notified to the Technical Director in advance:
    • Wheels
    • Brake calipers, master cylinders, lines and discs (carbon discs are not permitted)
    • Front and rear suspension • Removal of existing parts (eg. mirrors, lights, etc.)
    • Tyres (commercially available tyres as approved by the Technical Director, NB. current specification of championship tyres are not permitted)
    • Footrests, handlebars and control levers
    • Exhaust FIM World Championship Grand Prix Regulations 31 update 7 January 2022
    • Replica Bodywork in a different material is permitted, but the design must be identical to the original (except for blanking areas for removed lights, etc.) NB.

Motorcycles of non-roadracing disciplines (eg. Motocross, Enduro, SuperMoto) and roadracing machines of a different capacity class, as approved by the Technical Director, may be used without restriction (note that here, “capacity class” refers to racing class designation not just the cubic capacity, and the Technical Director will be the sole judge of eligibility of machines to be used).

According to Art. 1.15.1.2.B.d) the use of a roadracing machine from a different class may be counted as a test day for the team supplying that machine. Race Direction may grant an exemption for specific events using race machines of the same capacity class the rider is entered in. Such authorisation must be requested in advance.

iii) In the Moto2 class, when track familiarisation takes place on a Grand Prix circuit then the road-homologated motorcycle may not be the same brand and within 100cc of the same engine capacity as the current Moto2 official engine supplier (or an announced future supplier). That is, if the motorcycle is the same brand as the official Moto2 engine supplier, it must be of a different engine capacity by 100cc or more to the official Moto2 engine.

rafa likes this.
  13. prm

prm Well-Known Member

That’s last lap, not best lap.

14. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Seeing that timing sheet, with all those big names on there, has me really excited for this WSBK season. Tons of great riders.

cbush, malamute and henry_carlson like this.
  15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I've been surprised by the seeming lack of interest on here for WSBK. Just based on thread activity for WSBK race weekends threads vs. MA or GP, it seems far less people on here keep up with WSBK and I don't know why. The racing is arguably better than either of the other 2 in my opinion, we have one of our homegrown American boys to cheer for over there, you have more premier class races to watch each weekend, and as you said, a pretty deep talent pool. WSBK weekends are what I actually look forward to the most in a race season.

The Great One, 23103a, cbush and 6 others like this.
  16. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Butbutbut...WSB is not the bestest knobrubbingist elietest racing series evar.

BigBird and koth442 like this.
  17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Looking at his IG feed, that’s the slimmest I’ve ever seen him. Looks lighter than when he was on the Factory Duc.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

proves that AMA rides don't pay that much :crackup:

henry_carlson and bullockcm like this.
  19. 23103a

23103a Well-Known Member

It definitely is. Now if they would just get their act together and make a goddamn AppleTV/ios streaming app that was worth a damn..

20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

lol I keep hearing that it's pretty bad. I just stream from a web browser so I don't have any issues.

Only reason I said arguably better instead of outright is predictability. GP is probably more unpredictable in terms of finishing position versus WSBK where you know who the podium is every weekend. But you still don't know in what order the podium will be and the on track battles are nothing short of epic. Rea and Toprak are just straight up fuckin dogfighters and it's glorious.