1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Carolina Motorsports Park?

Discussion in 'General' started by IL8APEX, Jan 24, 2023.

1. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

There's a lot of good response here, thanks!

Judging only by your comments I think it sounds perfect for an AHRMA weekend on 70hp bikes. If I can make it work as part of a larger road trip then I'll check it out. Of course, it would also be nice to have a ride around the place before coming back in June for the Endurance race. o_O

-Tom

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

It's new to ya. You'll have a good time.
    I found the right hander in the middle of the track (back in the woods) to be the most challenging, initially. You go in pretty fast, unsure of how fast you can go.

R/T Performance likes this.
  3. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Crappy pit out dumps you right into the race line. Doesn't affect sprints but need to pay attention entering the track during endurance. Been there twice and enjoy it more as you learn the way around. Not bad in the wet either.

IL8APEX likes this.
  4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I did like racing at Gingerman on the TZ but for sure the track location was/is weird.

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

AHRMA is a great weekend there. normally a big crowd and a really cool vibe.

IL8APEX likes this.
  6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Don't go to the hospital down there. When I destroyed my ankle there in 04 the ER told me it was sprained. It was a displaced fracture and dislocated. Six surgeries and four years later, it's 100% fused

418 and Kev59 like this.
  7. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

I've raced it on a Ninja 300, 675, R6, and FZR400 among others and it's always been fun. Being the closest track to home since Rockingham is a big plus, too.

It's always perplexed me the difference in the huge AHRMA turnout versus WERA, though.

IL8APEX, noles19 and Jon Wilkens like this.
  8. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Great track. Come on down. Its fast, and technical. Several areas that will show who the pretenders are. lol You will enjoy the AHRMA crowd...it's large and a bit nuts. Lots of great racing going on all day.

IL8APEX likes this.
  9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That's pure suckitude. Damn. :(

10. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

AHRMA is a traveling circus...it's nuts. lol

noles19 likes this.
  11. mdroadracer

mdroadracer Well-Known Member

I like CMP. Some good fast straights that turn into who can out break who contests into the corners. A really fast kink on the back straightaway which takes you the whole weekend to learn. There’s a nice downhill into a fast right hander that demands attention. You will have fun.

IL8APEX likes this.
  12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I think I'm going to give it a shot on the 400 and see how it goes

13. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I like Kershaw, and like it more every time I go.

Then again, Im not much on "amenities"....decent showers are nice.

I dont use power, I sleep in my truckbed campershell, and come prepared food-wise.....as it appears numerous others do, which is good in a social way.

Now, going there in august or something might be uncomfortable, but March is about perfect for me.

14. backho

backho Well-Known Member

Ah! The old Grattan bathroom, complete with slime everywhere and prison showers. A veritable Petri dish!

R/T Performance likes this.
  15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

418 and ToofPic like this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

For sale: 400 racing motosickle, only crashed once.

-Future Gary. :D

Shenanigans likes this.
  17. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

And don't those of us who happen to park downwind of you know it.

18. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Well, at least I tell you up front, right?:rolleyes: ......I did mention the showers were pretty good.:Poke:

I've always had a good time there, WERA, AHRMA, both throughout the years.

Im lucky to be a "minimalist", but have friends with motorhomes, whiskey, and coffee.:D:rock:

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Showers were golden, golden....

20. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

The nearby Town of Kershaw has a couple of decent spots. The Filling Station right next to the motel has great burgers/wings. A little further up in the downtown portion there's a great ice cream/coffee shop and the town pool is also decent if families/kids are traveling along.