1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate Trackday Snack?

Discussion in 'General' started by Prospect, Jan 22, 2023.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Hush puppies. Mmmm.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Fish Fart Freddie, I need to avoid your posts for a few hours or days. I can actually smell exit 13A seeping through your posts after your anchovy revelation. :D

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  3. fastfreddie

:crackup:

You're safe. I avoid the Turnpike. Too many dead hookers.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Probably killed by your farts.

5. fastfreddie

That cloud has a silver lining...I am, generally, safe from road rage. :D

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

McMosport is all you need

Prospect and cha0s#242 like this.
  7. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Our adopted Grandmother from south GA turned me onto Honey-peanut butter on biscuits. She'll also accept a toasted english muffin to spread it on. I'm hooked on the stuff.

ToofPic likes this.
  8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Do they still serve that thing now that the track changed owners ? lol
    The Shannonville poutine sucked !

9. Dan Dubeau

Nope, It's gone :( I haven't been there in about 10 years, but it had disappeared from the "menu" then. The McCrappytire just doesn't roll off the tongue as nicely.

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I ordered 4 bags to try at my next event. I prefer real food whenever I can, but there’s only so much I can do on a race weekend where I’m rider, rig driver, mechanic, coach, and chef.

I always end up snacking on trail mix or granola bars at some point, and those things are usually loaded with seed oils- even the healthy bars like Kind.

These MA events are 4 days, plus a couple of days of driving on either end. I’m 48 and I figured out a few years ago that if I wanted to feel good on the starting line on Sunday afternoon (Day 4 or 5), we need to cook and eat decently at the track. I get that for a lot of us, it’s vacation, we still try to get out for dinner one night with friends. But the majority of our eating is good and that is an advantage- at least against the other old guys.

5axis, ToofPic, TurboBlew and 3 others like this.
  11. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I just checked with my brother and your order is the first one from Florida, he and his wife are very excited! Thank you for the order Gino, really appreciate it and hope you like the products! Please feel free to message me your feedback if you like or you can email them directly, they always welcome any kind of feedback to help them improve!

Gino230 likes this.
  12. Dan Dubeau

Checked out the website. They look like a great product. I'm just a desk whale now, but If I was still racing I'd buy a few bags to try out. I always struggled staying properly hydrated and fueled on hot race weekends. Something like this would have been great for me. All the best with your endeavor.

Prospect likes this.
  13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Last time I was there in 2018, they had Pinty foodstands, named for the frozen food company. I guess they sponsor the track or something.

14. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Greatly appreciate the feedback Dan. Thank you for your supportive words!
    Please let me know how you find them if you ever decide to try them out at some point.

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the email popups are super annoying. I had a full cart and when I went to check out it only added the last thing I looked at. Had to go back and reload it.

noles19 and Prospect like this.
  16. sdg

sdg *

So buy a banner ad on here already...jeez..

Prospect likes this.
  17. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I will take a look at that right now, thank you for letting me know, appreciate it!

18. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

That is certainly part of the promotional plan, once cashflow is decent enough to promote on multiple fronts.

19. Ok, I liked the nutritional facts. Quality protein and carbs are always welcome, along with extra fiber and potassium. so I decided to give these a try.

I have to admit, I am impressed. I’ve tried a lot of so called “healthy snacks”, so it takes a lot to impress me when it comes to stuff like this.

Most snacks that contain the macros I am looking for end up either tasting like shit (usually like chalk), they are too hard/chewy and a chore to get down, or they are too filling so they aren’t good for a preworkout/activity snack.

I want energy for my workouts, but don’t want my stomach to feel full.

These worked perfectly, and taste very good.

I got the “Hazelnut Heaven”, “Brownie Bombshells”, and “Peanut Paradise”. I liked all of them. The Hazelnut ones are my favorite, I’ll be getting more of those and will try some of the others.

The Brownie ones are Keto, so I expected them to taste like ass, but they were actually good too. However as a preworkout snack, I’m not trying to avoid carbs, so I’ll likely not order those again. But if someone wants a quality snack that tastes good without the carbs, they would be a good option.

These are definitely going to be a staple item for me. It’s so easy to just grab 3 of the “bites” (which makes one serving) as I’m heading out the door for my workout and it gives me some good carbs and protein for my workout, without feeling full.

I’ll probably grab some for traveling too.

To the OP, you can tell your brother he has done a good job with these. Quick and easy, healthy, and actually tastes good. I’ll continue to be a customer for sure.

20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

10,000 orders from Broome later:crackup: