1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V6LW is the best!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by dave3593, Jan 18, 2023.

1. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I like V6LW as a class the best. I get to practice and race while the light weight modern stuff is on the track. Since I'm on my RZ350 this keeps things interesting. Also the lighter bikes are most fun to me. The most powerful bike I have been on a track with was only 90 HP so maybe I haven't had the big bike experience but I love the light bikes.

If you're older I heartily recommend trying light weights. Just getting them in the trailer or putting on tire warmers is worth the change!

SpeedWerks Racing and rd400racer like this.
  2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Funny, I'm an older guy that raced lightweights my entire time and now I'm giving the SV a go. I love my RD and RZ, I'm just tired of all the coaxing I have to do to make them run perfect. But there's few things as fun as racing a little 2 stroke

3. dave3593

Yea vintage two strokes are a pain. That's why I'm building another one now. :confused:

If I tear all my stuff up maybe I'll try an EX500 since it also fits in V6LW. Wish I could justify a TZR 250.

Much of the same bikes can run in clubman and of course the FZR400 fits also.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    rd400racer likes this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yep, I did the FZR400 thing for a while too. I just didn't spend the money to make it fast enough to compete with the built RZ's and Hawks. Great fun to race though.

dave3593 likes this.
  5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I have a pretty well set up FZ600 that I would be happy to move along to somebody that will race it. I think I am enjoying the building as much as the racing. I'll make somebody a relly good price if they promise to race it.

6. dave3593

OK, time for the commercial.

If any of you old guys quit racing because deep down the vintage 750 you were used to was just too heavy to move around in the pits, try V6LW. Based on the rules, 1989 is allowed as well as some newer exceptions. Also modern 17 inch rubber is allowed! It's a great class!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    Jeff McKinney likes this.
  7. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Great class!

8. dave3593

How is your rotator cuff surgery recovery going?

9. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

I'm in rehab,progression is going good.

10. dave3593

I hope you will be ready for 2023 racing

Jeff McKinney likes this.
  11. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

I'm curious about that FZ...

12. kenessex

It has a stock motor and carbs with a D and D exhaust. SV650 front end, brakes and wheels. It has a CBR900RR shock on it. The shock works really well on a lighter bike. When I raced it I ended up in the middle in preload, rebound and compression adjustments. It has ZX6rr race fairings on it. I have never raced this particular bike, but it has some bits and pieces on it from my last FZ race bike, which is now a street bike. This motor is about 8000 street miles and has never been raced. It had a broken cam cover bolt that required engine removal to fix, so it just sat for years.
    I can also include another parts bike that probably runs. I would like to get $1200 for the whole mess, but will consider any offer. Delivery to the SE is possible at some point.

13. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Oh boy. Something to think about this week!

14. kenessex

I can make you a good deal on a V-4 Seca 550, a V-3 Sportster, a V-2 XL500s or a V-1 CB350, too. I've got lots of vintage stuff.:crackup:

rd400racer likes this.
  15. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

[QUOTE=" Wish I could justify a TZR 250.[/QUOTE]
    We gotta couple rough 3XV/SPR's needing complete restos or would be a killer platform for a racebike build.

Attached Files:

16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

We gotta couple rough 3XV/SPR's needing complete restos or would be a killer platform for a racebike build.[/QUOTE]
    Price? :D

17. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Price? :D[/QUOTE]
    11-12ish Both are Limited Edition SPR's with rare Silver frames (1 year only)
    Only 500 were produced, these are #237 and #275...SPR's had Dry Clutch, Adj Suspensions,
    Bigger carbs, better ECU's, almost a TZ with lights.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
  18. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

1,100-1,200 bucks?!?! I’ll take 2 please!! :D

ungwaha likes this.