Jeff Beck RIP

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Jon Butcher was in the video. He left the Axis and the Barefoot Servants at home. :p

2. Johnny B

I had a friend, Bing Gibson, who had been playing in bands since the early 60's. (#1 He played the Fender pictured. #2 I was actually his bass player in the 80's) He was very into Jeff Beck and the Yardbirds. In 1966 he caught their performance at the Surf Nantasket in Hull, MA. Jeff autographed his Over, Under, Sideways, Down LP. Nine years later, Bing and his band opened for the Jan Hammer Group with Jeff at the Cape Cod Colosseum. He was over the moon when he got that gig.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
    tl1098 and G Dawg like this.
  3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

@Johnny B Not to go off topic, but were you/are you friends with anyone from the Stray Cats of Aerosmith ?

4. Johnny B

No. Joe Perry used to live down the street from me. (Saw him and his wife at the supermarket a few times.) Brad Whitford crashed my 4th of July party once, Never really knew them. But a lot of people I know claimed to be friends with them.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Do the names Mark or Tommy Diekman {Sp} ring any bells ?
    Know them from living in Aspen. Whenever Tyler was in Denver, Mark would disappear for a few days . Both said grew up with Brian Setzer.

6. Johnny B

No, I'm m in the South Shore of Massachusetts. Artists from my town would be The Steamers, Duke and the Drivers, Julianna Hatfield (Blake Babies), Bentmen, Casey Desmond, Stick Figure, Bubba Coon. Next town over would be Susan Tedeschi.

7. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I was honored to have witnessed his tour with Jennifer Batten @ Universal amphitheater.
    The two of them put on a guitar gunslinging event, that was utterly mesmerizing.
    I've been happy to have seen in person, Mr. Beck, EVH, Joe Bonomassa, Steve Vai, Peter Frampton, Joe Satriani, B.B.King, Tony Iommi Buckethead..and so so many others.
    You can't even begin to compare guitar players, anyone who tries, is doing themselves a disservice.
    Each is so fabulously unique in their own way.

It was a pleasure

8. Johnny B

I just watched A Man For All Seasons, a documentary on Jeff in the 60's. It answered a lot of questions about how Jimmy Page eventually took over The Yardbirds.
    There was on amusing story their manager told that I found amusing.
    Some of you older folks might remember The Yardbirds appearing in Michelangelo Antonioni's film, Blow Up. Originally, The Who was supposed to be in the film. The Yardbirds' manager learned of this and was extremely jealous. He called Kit Lambert, The Who's manager, and congratulated him. Then he offered him some advice. He told Kit to insist on total control of the scene and to demand a hefty fee for the appearance. Kit put forth these demands at his meeting with Mr. Antonioni and was promptly thrown out. Then The Yardbirds' manager called Michelangelo and offered The Yardbirds to him with him having total control and for free! The rest is history!

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

LOL!
    I had not seen this post prior to posting the exact same sentence elsewhere aftewards....

R Acree likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't post political shit here no matter how funny you may think it is. Yes, I deleted it.

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

12. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

Most modern day chicken pickers use a pick. But anyone who actually plays guitar knows that already :)

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Huh?

14. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

Show me one that doesn’t

15. Johnny B