1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Wow. Bed, Bath, and Buh-Bye! I think I owned that stock at some point in the 00's. Not entirely sure.

On a positive note, though, I added 30 more ounces to the stack today at a local coin shop.

[​IMG]

R1M370 and Phl218 like this.
  2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

There's a guy on a plan forum wanting to sell some private gold coins to pay form some airplane repairs. Thought of you and your buried treasure.

https://www.beechtalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=214860

3. auminer

I appreciate the heads-up!

Thing is, he's wanting a premium over spot, Not likely to happen unless someone really wants that design.

Plus, I'm waiting for the gold/silver ratio to come back down at least to the low 60s before I allocate any PM investments there. Til then, I only have what I personally pulled out of the Colorado dirt.

https://www.kitco.com/kcastcharts/hist/ratio/3650d_gold_silver_ratio.gif

I know a guy who I can forward that too. Actually, a couple now that I think about it.

ChemGuy likes this.
  4. auminer

Or 4 more weeks like this. Actually, 5.

[​IMG]

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nice.

6. auminer

That was a very selective set of dates. I got this stock when it spun out of AT&T:

[​IMG]

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

@Boman Forklift : I need you to confirm in writing that your passing on this opportunity to get out of BABA with a symbolic profit and that that you're going to trust China on your own going forward, in a decision that has nothing to do with my previous mention of the stock that led you to go buy it. :D

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Haha. You never have to worry about giving a recommendation to me, and if I lose money, getting ticked at you.

So yes, I am currently passing in the profitable sale of BABA.:crackup:

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

but.....it's going to the mooooooooonnnn!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

LYFT must be something like 30% up since I didn't recommend it to you last month. :D

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I didn’t buy any of it.

12. auminer

Dammit. Sucks when you were right but didn't jump.

[​IMG]

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't think it ends here. Not even remotely close. And I'm sure that will be many more dips below today's level.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Happens to me about as often as being wrong and losing money. I hate this feeling less.

auminer likes this.
  15. auminer

Jeeeeeezus. Do the Germans have a word for "well that was obvious in hindsight"?

Thesis:

WBD spun out of AT&T, which paid a bodacious dividend. WBD pays no dividend. That resulted in HEAVY selling from day one as people who held AT&T for the dividend didn't want a non-dividend paying stock, so they sold it and bought more T. As the year-end approached, even more selling pressure for tax harvesting after the 50+% haircut. I guess that tax harvesting was a thing even at the end of a shitty year.

It was bound to pop at the beginning of the next year.

So why wasn't that obvious when it would do me some good? :confused: I have a few shares, but I could've gone balls deep on margin for 30+% in a few days.

[​IMG]

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I feel your pain.

17. auminer

Maybe the Germans also have a
    I kinda like this pain... But damn. Anyway. Live & learn.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

BTC looking like it's making a run back to $20K

upload_2023-1-13_17-10-7.png

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

COIN has been climbing pretty strong this year.

20. auminer

Is Motion and BigBird upgrading it to BUY?