1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone doing the GLP1, semaglutide/tirzeptide, weight loss injections?

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

This right here is what I had to learn. I ate until I was super full which mean I grossly over ate. Had to change my eating habit of only one plat of food, then wait 20minutes. If still hungry (which I rarely was) after 20, then take one small sampling of food and that's it. Buffets and parties always the most difficult as you are constantly grazing and over eating.

my $0.02 - For me it was pretty simple: a mathematical equation, calorie deficit everyday, achieved by eating less and working out. No secret to it; EG -Body needs 2500 cal per day, then only give it 2000 or give it 2500 and work out burning 400-800 : Deficit achieved.

Saw 320lbs in late 2020 after covid shut the gym down. My historical average since 30 yo was about 285lbs. I am now down to 265lbs @ 20.6% Body Fat (according to last scan I had at gym) and plan to loose another 20-30lbs.

I have never been in better physical shape than I am now @ 51 yo and this includes my young adult life.

No magic bullet, no pills, no nothing. Just better eating habits, less alcohol, portion control and working out!

MachineR1, Phl218, BigBird and 4 others like this.
  2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Me,too.
    When diagnosed in May 2022, my blood sugar was over 300 and my weight was about 225. With metformin and diet, my weight is 200 and my blood sugar averages about 95. All I did was count carbs and try to limit it to 20g of net carbs per meal or less. Sometimes I want a burger and fries or pasta if we go out and I am not afraid to eat 40-60g for one meal. My body seems to proccess that pretty well. I only check carbs and don't care about fats and calories, as I am not smart enough to control more than one variable at a time. This is the least I have weighed in 50 years. I am 66. The body does not use insulin to proccess alcohol, just the mixers, so rye and soda is a great drink, since I don't like light beer and am unwilling to spend the 20-25g of carbs on a good beer.

BigBird and rd400racer like this.
  3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

This one of the biggest things I tell people getting into the gym and losing weight or getting into shape as newcomers. It'll help keep them from failing by trying to make too big of a change at once.

1. Eat like you normally do.

2. Start to control portions only, but eat the same stuff you normally eat.

3. Start to change what you eat.

Slowly adjusting the diet as they are starting to see results from exercise really makes them much more successful with longterm diet changes.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

:crackup:

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Try my favorite simple-but-effective diet. It's called
    PDTFT

Put Down The F#cking Twinkies

6. Yep, exactly. That is the same number I have told people (20mins). Put a small serving on your plate (say 50-60% of what you normally eat) and eat it. Then stop. Wait 20 minutes. If you still feel hungry, then take a few bites. More times than not, they aren't hungry anymore.

I actually don't rely on the hunger or satiety hormones. I have been "in tune" with my body for a very long time. I don't eat based on hunger; I eat based on a time scale. And I don't eat until I am full. I eat until I have accomplished my macro goal at that particular time. I eat what I know I need to eat, and I stop. I rarely ever actually feel hungry, but I also rarely ever feel full. I also know exactly how many calories, grams of proteins, grams of carbs, and grams of fats I need in a day...and that is what I ingest.

Because of that, when my goals change (if I want to get more defined, or bigger, etc) I can easily do so. Well, "easily" meaning I know what dietary changes I need to make, and I do it. It still takes physical work and willpower. But for me, the willpower part is the easiest. I am long past giving in to "wants" or "feelings". Sure, there might be times when I have a craving for ice cream or some shit, but I simply don't eat it. I will drink some water and after a few minutes, I have forgotten about it.

And you also nailed the part about a mathematical equation; that is exactly what it is. Calories in vs calories out. People can eat the same exact shit they do now, literally not make any changes. They can still eat fucking cheeseburgers and fries, as long as they reduce the amount and keep their total calories below their basal metabolic rate + caloric expenditure via exercise. They will lose weight.

The problem is that those shitty foods are SO calorie dense, that it makes it hard to stay on a reduced calorie diet because you will end up feeling hungry all the time.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
    Evad101 likes this.
  7. 100%

Crash/fad diets rarely work. They have a long term success rate of something like 3% or some shit. People might make quick and drastic changes to achieve a goal (fit into a certain dress, look better for an upcoming vacation, etc) but it isnt sustainable. A year later they are right back where they were.

Make small lifestyle changes that are not too difficult, and that are sustainable. Be consistent, let the results slowly and naturally happen over months, and the results are much more likely to be permanent.

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I was as heavy as I've ever been in late November/early December. I've cut out booze and started eating better for the last ~30 days, but man the pounds don't come off at 43 like they did 5 or 10 years ago. It used to be that I could just not be an absolute pig about things and I'd drop 20 pounds in the first month, but it's only been about 10 pounds and that's with working out and not eating after 7PM.

As has been stated in this thread, though, I'm in this for the long haul and not to try to get in shape for swimsuit season or anything like that. My main goal is getting to a place where working out each day is simply something that gets done on autopilot; should I get to that position, I'm pretty confident that will be the key to success (not only will that naturally give me a higher caloric intake threshold, but goddam those Doritos don't look as good when you think about how much time you need on the treadmill to burn them off).

BigBird, britx303 and Gorilla George like this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Enjoy it. Put pure Vermont maple syrup on everything. :D

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Not eating after 7pm is an ok rule, but a lean protein source in that time period before bed will keep metabolism up while resting. Besides the usual minor calorie drop per meal, that’s the main thing i do when cutting body fat down. Small changes=big gains/losses depending on goal. As for the autopilot……I’ve been programmed since teenage years. But god damn I miss cool ranch Doritos sometimes ………msg fucks with me:confused: :D

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

What?
    I cant hear you over the crunching of these delicious Doritos. MMMM Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos......

:D

R Acree, Gino230 and britx303 like this.
  12. britx303

They are probably like hohos………my memory of them tasting good is likely better than they actually are so……….:moon: :D

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’ll ask my youngest, it’s what she grabbed for her snack today ;)

14. I am almost scared to ask, but WTF is a "hoho"?

15. britx303

Here in DC, it’s two different things :D

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

anything you want it to be :D

17. britx303

upload_2023-1-13_13-7-9.jpeg
    or
    upload_2023-1-13_13-7-53.jpeg

TurboBlew and Gorilla George like this.
  18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

A delicious snack, or the mayor of Chicago.

StaccatoFan and TurboBlew like this.
  19. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I never imagined that @ClemsonsR6 and so many of you all would buy into a MLM scheme. Weight loss 'programs' are extremely tempting baits to fish with.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Two-for-one? :D

britx303 likes this.