1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone doing the GLP1, semaglutide/tirzeptide, weight loss injections?

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Jan 11, 2023.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I started last week. Lost 7lbs and 2" off my waist in 1 week.

Changed my diet some, but otherwise, haven't done anything differently.

Hoping it can continue.

IF you're on it and/or been on it, what's your success?

If you're not and interested, let me know.

code3ryder likes this.
  2. sdg

sdg *

How very interesting, had lunch with a friend yesterday who's wife is using it, he has tried it and says it is like he doesn't even want to eat.

IE you normally eat four pieces of pizza, with it you struggle to eat one.

How much weight are you trying to lose and how were the docs about it?

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

how much $$$

4. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

I’ve heard it’s $1000 a month cash.

5. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I'll stay fat forever.

Senna, RichB, jksoft and 4 others like this.
  6. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Following, have a friend who just bought some but hasn't started it yet.

7. sdg

sdg *

1800/yr/person where they are at

8. ClemsonsR6

Pretty much. The peptide in the medicine triggers a chemical release in your gut telling your brain that it's full and to stop intake.

I weighed in at 272.5 lbs on Day 1 and measured 46" around at my bellybutton.

Goal is to get to 220-230lbs, so around 45lbs is my goal. The business owners husband has dropped 30lbs so far. My boss has dropped 17lbs and changed nothing in his habits in 4 months. So, 45 with a diet change and exercise should be very doable.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  9. ClemsonsR6

Cost will vary from provider to provider and more and more people are offering it.

If you get one of the branded drugs from Lilly or Novis, yes you're going to spend north of $1000/month as it's a diabetic drug and your insurance won't cover it.

My provider has the product made at a compounding pharmacy. A compounding pharmacy can order and take raw ingredients and make the same drug for a much cheaper cost.

My provider charges around $550 per month and that includes the weekly injection and their services for the month.

Because I am in the cosmetic injectable business and work with them already, I'm getting it at cost which is basically why I chose to do it.

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Not trying to hate, but , just... damn.

What happened to the old fashioned way?

When I quit smoking in 2004 (2005? I honestly don't remember but there's a thread here somewhere) I weighed 185. When we married many many moons ago, my wife weighed 160.

After quitting smoking, I fuckin blew up. I never got on a scale that read 250+, but I just didn't get on a scale for a long damn time. I would guess I topped out at 260 or so. After landing the man of her dreams, my wife blew up. She had a consult with a bariatric surgeon when she got up to 280. The surgeon said that at her height (6-1) she would need to gain up to 300 pounds to reach a BMI that would make her surgery be covered by her insurance. She sat out in the parking lot after that consult and had a 'come to Jesus' moment.

She decided to just do it the hard way, and I happily joined her in the quest. We didn't go batshit, no fad diets, just simple portion control, sensible choices of what to eat, and a smattering of exercise here & there ( :D ) has her back down to 175 and me down to 190. It gets way harder in your mid-late 50s, but it can still be done with better lifestyle choices.

Just sayin.

11. socalrider

Any side effects? My friend is ramping up and I guess is doing 10ml injections for a week or so before going higher, with 50 ml injection being the normal use? Immediately she's been getting headaches and nausea after the first 2 days of use.

12. socalrider

Go start your own thread about how to lose weight the right way Richard Simmons!
    :crackup:

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

If I picked up dog shit all day I wouldn't be hungry either. :crackup:

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

this sounds like keto effects with medicine

I used intermittent fasting, I'll drink 2 cups of coffee, some tea, in the morning and afternoon don't eat something solid til about 3-4pm, and lost about 30 pounds since July. lost the first 20 in about 2 -3 months.

Appetite is decreased, so you feel full faster. And I still eat garbage and no exercise.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
    Gino230 and tl1098 like this.
  15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Go suck a toe, ya perv. :D

eggfooyoung likes this.
  16. Dom17

Dom17 Well-Known Member

7 lbs in a week is impressive.

I find interesting your choice of language, "didnt change eating habits etc". My understanding that the mechanism of action of that drug is to decrease appetite. Have you done any data collection to see if anything else is changing? Core body temperature? Steps per day, energy levels? Caloric intake?

Have you found that you are eating less particularly insulinogenic foods?

No offense, but studies have shown that obese individuals are poor at estimating their daily intake. I would imagine your daily intake is far greater reduced than you may realize to achieve the 7lbs in one week.

KneeDragger_c69 and BigBird like this.
  17. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the Venn diagram that compares "people who thing the Covid vaccine is dangerous" with "people who think taking injections to lose weight is a good idea."

18. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

not to knock people's first week progress but, the first week of the diet, is always the most beneficial, weight loss wise. it is mostly water (a gallon weighs 8lbs). then the real weight loss starts, and it is a slow process. it took how many years to get on? it will take a bit, to come off. (unless you are crash dieting like bodybuilders) there really are no short cuts, other than drugs/supplements.

then, if you dont change your intake, and or exercise for calories in, calories out, you will either have to stay on the path you are on (drugs, starving, fasting, keto, low carb, no carb, etc...) or you will blow back up to the same size you started, or larger. look at the data for gastric bypass, and the failure rate. if you dont change your diet and exercise, you cant keep it off forever. the key is long term change of eating habits, along with reasonable amount of exercise. if you have cravings, give into them with a very small portion. if you cold turkey, and use food as an "I cant have that, I am on a diet" obstacle, you will set yourself up for failure. you will get so mad, when you fall off the wagon, you will eat a whole carton of ice cream, a cake, or a whole pie. the wheels will come off, and you will either have massive guilt, and stay off the wagon, or try harder to avoid the things you like, and know you shouldn't have often... then the cycle starts over and over and over. dont use food as an obstacle, especially early on in dieting.

I am not trying to be a Debbie Downer.

I am happy you guys are trying to get the weight under control, I wish you great luck, and good for you all, for losing the weight, keep it up. support is key.

Ski

19. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Wife and I both follow Amanda Nighbert's Lean program. I haven't lost much weight but the change from fat to muscle has been very noticeable for both of us considering we are both 51. You actually will probably eat more than you normally would and after a while I stopped craving the "bad" stuff. Nice thing is this doesn't disallow anything. Its all about macros and high protein intake. I follow it through the week and do what I want on the weekends.
    https://amandanighbert.com/lean-program/

JCW likes this.
  20. :crackup: