1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rooting android

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave Wolfe, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Ok Im sick of this thing pestering me 3 times a day to do an android system update I think to android 12?

Its a moto g powr 2022 and I get suspicious with the google results. Anyone recommend a way to root it?

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Give in and get an iPhone. :D

Razr, StaccatoFan and Spooner like this.
  3. Dave Wolfe

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Just update the damn phone. We don't need another compromised mobile device on the interwebs.

tophyr and BigBird like this.
  5. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I had no idea people still did that. I did that with mine like 10 years ago and the phone was such a POS that I switched to iPhone and never looked back.

Razr, Chris, cpettit and 1 other person like this.
  6. Dave Wolfe

Well of course its compromised. Its an android! I doubt apple is any better.

7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

You'd be wrong. I made the switch about 18 months ago and its night/day difference. Now that iOS has widgets (that can stack!) I'm not really missing anything from Android except endless headaches, app crashes and security holes. :)

And I was a die hard android guy for years and years. I had a Tmobile G2 and only android the whole time. Nexus, Pixel, HTC One, Samsungs, had em all.

Spooner likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

i would just update it.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  9. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I bought a rower last year that came with an android tablet to use with it. I turned it on and set it up and there was an update. Well apparently there were 9,000 updates and it wanted me to do them all in order, not just updating straight to the most current software. That solidified my opinion of Android right there. I also thought they were amazing back when iPhones were barely allowing copy and paste but the lack of quality of the hardware alone made me want to switch. I'm sure the top of the line android stuff is pretty good but no way would I switch back.

thrak410 likes this.
  10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Just upgraded to the Pixel 7 and am very happy with the product so far. Clean, simple and effective. No native bullshit apps that no one ever uses like on my previous Samsungs. And surprisingly cheap also, especially compared to the iPhone.

11. Dave Wolfe

My phone aint the fucking boss of me!!!

BigBird likes this.
  12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Huh, I've got a MotoG Power that's probably 5 years old, I can't remember the last time it had to update (been at least a year). and it works great. I take it on a race weekend and don't even sweat if I forget a charger.

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Google builds Android and the Pixel. So the product integration is there. That’s the only Android I’d consider. The security updates get to those devices first.

Not that I know anything about computer security or anything. My RHCE expired so my brain wiped clean when that happened.

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

My wife just traded her POS droid for an iPhone. I thought she was the last holdout on earth but I guess not. I was hesitant too but 3 years later I wonder why I didn’t do it a decade earlier.

Razr likes this.
  15. Dave Wolfe

Y'all are just a bunch of brain dead iphone zombies

16. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I strongly suggest keeping up with updates.

Most devices that are compromised were not.

StaccatoFan and tophyr like this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

I just can't past the apple ecosystem, and well the price and weight of their phones.

So Pixel 7 is my latest phone.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  18. Dave Wolfe

I know my phone is compromised! So is yours. The US govt can see everything you and I type.

If I were brave and trusting enough to use one of the payment apps my attitude would be different.

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

High five Bro.
    I don't think there's anything inherently better or worse with either platform, it's the above and the fact that Apple just purposely makes everything operate differently which makes it hard to switch/compare once you're used to it.

BigBird likes this.
  20. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Yep ..pretty much how it is...
    I prefer the And......my experience w I phone's.....& The platform ..Was frustrating. Had I learned on it ..would be different...but There's just no reason for me to switch, as stated..I don't wanna be one of the folks tied to my phone any more than I need be
    That's getting hard to do...like it or not we've been forced to utilize them...

BigBird likes this.